Armoured recce units

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Armoured recce units

The armoured reconaissance units had golden yellow piping on shoulder straps, collar and collar tabs etc, that we all know. During the early stages of the war, the branch colour however, was brown. So did they wear black panzer uniforms with brown collar piping etc? Hard to imagine they had golden yellow piping on the black uniform and brown piping on the fieldgray uniform. Anyone know for sure?

A member here has a brown piped wrap. Cannot remember who. Might be Richard P. Jacques

Comment

Originally posted by jacquesf View Post
      A member here has a brown piped wrap. Cannot remember who. Might be Richard P. Jacques
      Jacques,

You are correct, but I dare not show anything anymore no matter how much provenance it has or how obviously original it is. There are those that wish to destroy my credibility, with truth or lies...whichever works.

Richard

Comment

I believe Robert Edwards also has one.

Comment

Originally posted by PANZERPIONIERE View Post
          I believe Robert Edwards also has one.
          Bob has a later issue wrap without the piped collar.

Richard

Comment

brown

During the Polish campaign Gerd von Fallois of AA 3 ran into Gen. Guderian and was told by him that he needn't worry about brown BECOMING the standard Waffenfarbe for recon troops. The color was not well liked as it had no tradition association. Von Fallois had irregular personal contact with Guderian before and during the war and was also a friend of one son. This is info from interviews in the 1990's. Don't think there were any brown-piped issue wrapper in 1939.

Comment

Thanks for the info Pauke! Interesting indeed.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X