Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

coastal artillery tunic

Could this tunic be original?,
    i'm sorry don't heave better pictures at the moment, i'll ask for better ones
    if needed.

Thanks

Why do you think it is coast artillery? From the two pictures posted, no anchor buttons, no collar tabs to indicate KM.

Comment

Hip pockets I expect.

Comment

Originally posted by Kondor View Post
        Why do you think it is coast artillery? From the two pictures posted, no anchor buttons, no collar tabs to indicate KM.
        first there is no need to be anchor buttons. Most of KMcoastal artillery jackets had standart pebbled buttons.
        jacket has no lower pocket sewn on the but sewn in - this indicates KM coastal artillery jackets or 'old school' NCO jackets.
        full lining would be another indication of KM coastal artillery jacket.
        I would say it might be KM jacket but more photos are need.

Comment

Originally posted by anmarlodz View Post
          first there is no need to be anchor buttons. Most of KMcoastal artillery jackets had standart pebbled buttons.
          In the thousands of pictures and portraits of KM men with feldgrau uniforms that I have seen along the years the pebbled buttons were present in a very very few of them, so how have you arrived to this conclusion?
          Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
          Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Comment

Originally posted by km-spain View Post
            In the thousands of pictures and portraits of KM men with feldgrau uniforms that I have seen along the years the pebbled buttons were present in a very very few of them, so how have you arrived to this conclusion?
            most of those I have seen had pebbled buttons ( and I have seen maybe 5 or 6 of them).
            my conclusion was that not every KM jacket had to have a anchor buttons, it also could have pebbled buttons, but as wrote it could be also 'old school' NCO jacket.

Comment

Originally posted by km-spain View Post
              I agree.......

Comment

Salut,

+1,

All the Kusten jackets I have seen had KM buttons and the same on photographs.

I do however have a M36 mantel which looks like a Heer one but with a BAK reception stamp. I read that some Heer effects have been delivered to the KM (side-caps, tunic etc ...) and I guess this coat was one of those pieces.

However I think this is very much an exeption and would expect anchors buttons on the KM uniforms.

As for the jacket it does look indeed like an early KM Feldgrau uniform (not have to be Kusten) - Can we see the lining (jacket inside-out) .

Comment

I would love to see a pebbled button coastal artillery period picture example, I have never seen one.

Comment

re-

I have not got it ready at hands but in the book abt Minesweeper badges from Sascha Weber there is a photo of 3 sailors in Feldgrau - One of them has what looks lile a Heer tunic and from memory with pebble buttons (?).

Comment

Thanks guys!
                      I've asked the seller for better pictures.
                      The buttons could be replaced in my opinion.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X