• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

insignia id

Am i correct in thinking these are km ? or am i guessing wrong rgds Dave
    Attached Files

Dave,

Insignia of the Air-Sea Rescue Service (Seenotdienst) of the Luftwaffe.

Wikipedia:

The Seenotdienst (sea rescue service) was a German military organization formed within the Luftwaffe (German Air Force) to save downed airmen from emergency water landings. The Seenotdienst operated from 1935 to 1945 and was the first organized air-sea rescue service.<sup id="cite_ref-0" class="reference">[1]</sup>
    The Seenotdienst was at first operated as a civilian service run by the military, and later was brought formally into the Luftwaffe. Throughout their existence, the group solved a number of organizational, operational and technical challenges to create an effective rescue force. When British and American air leaders observed the German success, they modeled their own rescue forces after the Seenotdienst.<sup id="cite_ref-Tilford1977_1-0" class="reference">[2]</sup> As the Allies of World War II advanced, denying sea areas to German forces, local groups of the Seenotdienst were disbanded. The last active group served in the Baltic Sea in March 1945.

Also take a look here:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=399417

Attached Files
    Last edited by RonR; 06-05-2011, 02:28 PM.
    RonR

Comment

Thank you very much Ron for the reply and help on these i was stumped as to what they were , rgds Dave

Comment

A few other items came from this house clearance including two cap cords ,i am wondering if these are also air sea rescue , rgds Dave
        Attached Files

Comment

I'd say yes, they do go with the group....they are graded by the amount of
          gold/blue and weave pattern...can't see clearly enough to tell but the colors indicate they belong with the group IMO....( they ain't Reichsbahn!)

Nice grouping.....even though much unappreciated never seen the rating chevrons before.....interesting.....
          John G.
          Mainemilitaria

PS ...looking again.....appears to be the same rank, one is darkened Gold bullion (early or "higher priced version") and Cello bullion (less expensive/Wartime version).

Comment

Thanks John for the help the other items were raf related but these two heer breast eagles were also in the group ,
            Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X