Suspenders ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suspenders ID

I am looking for some suspenders and found a pic of what I'm basically looking for, but I don't know what type they are. Once I do I can start looking around and seeing if anyone has a pair or two for sale. They have small leather loops with a snap button up front, and an upside down V with button holes in the back. Are these officer, dress, etc? Thanks a lot for the help--
    Attached Files
    WAF LIFE COACH

I have one from the legacy of an Army officer with a unit stamp:

Looks like it is one of the standard types. By the way, they can be used for the channel trousers, too.

Comment

Bingo Gene!
      I have a different pair.
      Luca
      Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

Thanks guys. I also saw a pair, but do not have a pic of them, where instead of having cords in the back it has a piece of fabric, sewn to the center strap, in an upside down V with button holes. Might these be a different model?
        WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Has anyone seen or own a set of suspenders like I described? Instead of looped cords for attaching to the rear trouser buttons, there is a piece of fabric with button holes.
          WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Originally posted by Gene View Post
            Has anyone seen or own a set of suspenders like I described? Instead of looped cords for attaching to the rear trouser buttons, there is a piece of fabric with button holes.
            like these ? i think the pare i have are post war
            Attached Files
            Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
            teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Yes Lenny, very similar. Know where I can find some of those, with the leather straps and snap buttons on the front? I need them for my Kanalhosen, and since they won't be seen under a flight jacket I don't care if they're postwar
              WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Gene, that is a different model.

You can see (and buy) these kind of suspenders here:

http://cgi.ebay.de/HOSENTRAGER-bvk-4...item1c1c4f11b1

Of course, they are NOT wartime but Czech postwar, but I used them also for some years for the channel trousers of my pilot mannequin (the trousers have clasps for attaching the trousers instead of the metal D-ring).

You search for a mixture of this kind of suspenders and the type shown above. I don't think that such a model exists.

Why don't You buy an original pair of suspenders of the model I have shown? It works perfectly well on the channel trousers also and You KNOW that Your mannequin has original suspenders instead of repro stuff under its jacket ... that was the reason I replaced the Czech suspenders on my mannequin. It even has original underwear.

Comment

I have a few pare,s if interested
                  Originally posted by Gene View Post
                  Yes Lenny, very similar. Know where I can find some of those, with the leather straps and snap buttons on the front? I need them for my Kanalhosen, and since they won't be seen under a flight jacket I don't care if they're postwar
                  Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
                  teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

RamJet, where can I find them? Lenny, do the repros have the small leather straps with snap buttons?
                    WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Want my pair? I have them in stock for possible future use on channel trousers, but do not need them right now ...

PM me.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X