Helmut Weitze

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

17 mm Shoulder Board Buttons - Post War/Repro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

17 mm Shoulder Board Buttons - Post War/Repro?

Hello all. I received these shoulder board buttons along with some original boards. I don't like them at all, but would appreciate some expert opinions. They look to me to be what Reddick's sells.
    Attached Files

Any thoughts at all on this?

Comment

I think post war as well, normally wartime issue has the base like a cauliflower shape and not round, just my opinion though. hope this helps!

Comment

Thanks for the opinion. I got a similar offline opinion as well.

I bought these on the eStand along with some boards. Seller won't respond, so looks like another eStand burn

Comment

No Problem. did you pay alot for them?

Comment

Originally posted by Doug/MWI View Post
            I think post war as well, normally wartime issue has the base like a cauliflower shape and not round, just my opinion though. hope this helps!
            Agree, the circular base is used on post war (and current) Bundeswehr buttons.

By the way, I just checked the back of the screw buttons of my uniform shoulderboards (Bundeswehr Luftwaffe), they are marked with the Assmann "A" and "17 N".

Comment

I think janke used these buttons alot, He for sure used the round bases on all his officer tunics.

Comment

Modern German ones are 17mm & so marked,,,, correct WW2 size is 16mm. My originals are 16mm, & usually marked as such.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X