CollectorsGuild

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Early Grossdeutschland Monogram Cut-Off...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early Grossdeutschland Monogram Cut-Off...

Bleeding out remnants of my old collection... Just want a hear few comments on this piece before I try and list it for sale. By the way, I tried to reply to an ad and it wouldn't allow me. I'm new and I thought Association members had privy to respond to ads? I don't know if I can sell either, but look forward to an answer. Anyway, this is an original Grossdeutschland shoulder board monogram, measuring 22mm X 32mm at the widest and longest points on the "GD", not the remaining dark green doeskin cloth surounding it. I don't know if Scott Prichett is still here, but comments from someone with his knowledge in this area would be appreciated.---Ken
    Attached Files

Have you done a burn test on the loose threads?

Comment

Fyi...

To answer yes, the fibers will burn. No artificial fibers and no glow under the blacklight trick. Please, someone like Scott Prichett come forward. Also, why can't I post replies yet on the E-Stand if I'm an "Association" member? That means I can't sell either, I think...

Comment

Waky, waky, eggs and baky...

Alright, since the response time is a little slow tonight, I'll throw in a few tidbits about this piece. It has slightly off-white threads that have mellowed to time on the obverse and clearly machine embroidered. The backside shows the typical white re-inforcing material, common to even the Grossdeutschland cufftitles --atleast the early Sutterlin type. Now someone with authority, please bless it and answer my other query regarding E-Postings. ---Thanks in advance, Ken

Comment

Hello Ken,
          I can't comment on the GD piece, but as to your question about responding to threads on the Estand, I can. Nobody other than the seller may respond directly to Estand threads. If you want to contact the seller, send him or her a PM. As an Association Member, there's no reason you can't sell on the Estand.

This is currently being discussed here: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=519284

Cheers,
          Steve
          Last edited by Steve Sherlock; 06-01-2011, 08:52 PM. Reason: add to message
          ~ The true test of a democracy is how well it protects the rights of its least popular citizens. ~

~ Never cross swords with an unworthy opponent. ~

Comment

Thankyou for that Steve.

Simple question. Simple answer. Fabulous. Thanks. Now, back to the details of this piece. All I need is someone in the know to bless it. --Ken

Comment

Help! I need back-up!

I know this isn't everyone's bag, but there must be someone in the know still who can bless it and help me pull in a nifty fifty on the E-Stand...

Comment

Blessed!

F.Y.I., Scott Prichett no longer posts on WAF, but he noticed my thread and liked what he saw and sent me an e-mail saying he liked what he saw. The construction, style and size of the GD measured up to his standard. I will be posting it for sale when I get the chance this weekend. Any further comments also appreciated. ---Ken

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X