Lakesidetrader

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just purchased these out of a house tonight !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just purchased these out of a house tonight !

So there really are some things out there yet !

There were three items:

A Panzerjaeger officer's tunic. It bears a Berlin tailor's labels, and it is named and dated July of 1943. But for some moth bites to one side of one of the boards, it is in very clean condition.
    Attached Files

A fire police NCO cap. It is a bit misshappen around the body, but straightens out nicely on a head form. It has a lovely saddle shape, with a fine black velvet band. It never had a sweatshield, but the interiro lining is impressed "Pekuro".
    Attached Files

Comment

And a pre-war Luftwaffe enlisted cap, without insignia. Again, it is very fine condition, superb saddle shape, Berlin maker, and dated 1937.

What is interesting is the piping, almost the same color as the cap itself. I cannot recall what this is, and no longer have the books. Anyone able to come up with it, or perhaps the meaning of the unit stamps inside the sweatband?
      Attached Files

Comment

The piping...........
        Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

The interior unit stamps:
            Attached Files

Comment

Fantastic find, Bill. It's encouraging to see these things still coming out of the woodwork. Guess I'd better place some ads!!

Steve
              ~ The true test of a democracy is how well it protects the rights of its least popular citizens. ~

~ Never cross swords with an unworthy opponent. ~

Comment

The mystery cap has been identified.

Although it looks like a Luftwaffe cap, it was actually an em / nco cap of the Deutsch Luft Verband.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Dienna
                  So there really are some things out there yet !

There were three items:

A Panzerjaeger officer's tunic. It bears a Berlin tailor's labels, and it is named and dated July of 1943. But for some moth bites to one side of one of the boards, it is in very clean condition.
                  Fantastic Bill, I'm jealous!!

Comment

Wow Bill, nice purchase! The tunic looks as if it were stuffed in a bag or something the way it is creased. Super discovery!!

Comment

stuff still out there

Nice find Bill!

There still is a lot of good stuff out there...it is not ALL in collections.
                      Last fall I was teased by a out of the attic find but it never came about. I never got a chance to see it but from speaking to the woman about what her grand father had brought back from the war it sounded as if there was several pieces of headgear, a uniform (I got the impression some sort of SS combat tunic), about a dozen medals and badges, field gear, optics and some other items I cannot remember at the moment.

The deal was all but set but a family member decided they wanted the stuff (even though it had been in boxes in the attic for almost 20 years) and the deal fell through.

Stuff is still out there but patience and persistence (as well as name recognition) is the key.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X