AH Cuff Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AH Cuff Title

Here is one that I have had for quite some time. The cloth is very supple and the tag has been removed. It was sewn to a uniform at some point. It has seven strands on the border and the thread on the sütterlin is different than the wire border. Opinions?

reverse section:

Comment

Hi Eric,

Here are a couple of pics of an RZM embroidered AH EM/NCO cuff title that I have. It looks a bit different then yours. Notice how the lettering is smaller, particularly when connecting from one letter to the other. Also note that the descending stroke of the letter "f" and the loop of the "h" bite into the seven strand bullion edging - check out Angolia's book about SS cloth and look at the EM/NCO AH cuff title on page 287.

Also, I have a AH officer's machine embroidered cuff title, a Deutschland officers machine embroidered cuff title and a Thüringen officers machine embroidered cuff title all on the same type of material as my EM/NCO AH cuff title and these are all a bit stiff. The only cuff titles that I have which are supple are those that are BeVo woven. That is not to say that these style cuff titles can't eventually become soft - even my very much worn AH officers cuff title is still a bit stiff to the touch.

While I can't say that your cuff title is a reproduction, it has been my experience that AH RZM style are cuff titles all have thinner sütterlin script lettering that slightly bite into the seven strand border.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by herrgeezer; 05-30-2002, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Here's the back of my AH ct.
        Attached Files

Comment

I think I would walk away from this one, Theres alot of repo cuff's out there and haveing one that is diffrent in any way from documented ones will always have problems. Not saying that im 100% sure it a repo but I wouldnt buy it.

Comment

Great sleeve eagle too, David!! Eric, perhaps it's the pix but so it's hard for me to tell but yours should look very similar to Davids.

Tony
            Best regards,

Tony

Comment

Hi,
              Here's my only AH cuff title.
              Merdock {is the file size still 650x650?]
              Attached Files

Comment

Eric,
                again Sorry but the cuff title is a fake although the photo's are not that good, I can see the band material also the lettering, but the BIG give away is the black paper on the back, this is what is used nowadays instead of cloth,
                cheers,
                Gary
                PS I will post some pictures of some original RZM style LSSAH cuffs below, the title merdock posted is a completely different style as his is a flatwire woven officers type cuff, the first title is one of mine and the picture of the 3 together belong to a friend
                Last edited by Gary Wood; 08-29-2008, 06:52 PM.

Comment

3 more belonging to a friend
                  Last edited by Gary Wood; 08-29-2008, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                  X