Splinter Panzer Wrap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Splinter Panzer Wrap

Im trying to find info regards splinter pattern panzerwraps, has anyone ever seen any worn by crews in old photos? ive seen black wool, field grey wool and reed-green denims, but never splinter.

Hey Paul,
    Yes they did have them, today only a few are unquestionably real, easy to find material and easy to put together, not a factory item so its considered field made, so if I would put one of these wrappers into my collection I would want to get it "out of the house" or directly from a veteran. Proveance is key when it comes to items like this,

Michael
    Yes there are many period photos around showing them in wear.

Comment

Originally posted by MGN
      Hey Paul,
      Yes they did have them, today only a few are unquestionably real, easy to find material and easy to put together, not a factory item so its considered field made, so if I would put one of these wrappers into my collection I would want to get it "out of the house" or directly from a veteran. Proveance is key when it comes to items like this,

Michael
      Yes there are many period photos around showing them in wear.
      I agree! I would want providence as well, Glenn
      "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

I have seen the light! or at least a splinter pz wrap

Originally posted by feldwebl
        I agree! I would want providence as well, Glenn
        Hi guys<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o></o>

<o></o>

I actually have seen a splinter panzer wrap being worn in a WWII documentary film on the History Channel. It was worn by a very young panzer LT (the film was actual WWII footage and in it was another officer wearing a panzer wrap with a dark green collar). I'll see if I can find the name of the documentary film. Steve<o></o>

Comment

Originally posted by Paul W.
          Im trying to find info regards splinter pattern panzerwraps, has anyone ever seen any worn by crews in old photos? ive seen black wool, field grey wool and reed-green denims, but never splinter.
          W.Palinckx book 'camo uniforms of the german wehrmacht' p.254

Comment

See also p.245

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X