U-boot Jacket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U-boot Jacket

I have a question about a U-boot tunic I encountered. I tried comparing it to the examples in the book of Enzo...

It seems a German manufactered version, a good one?

Thanks!

Hello, this one is aBritish Battle Dress M37, the model used by the u-boot crews, but this one is IMO post 1940 made, the buckle and other details are different from the BD captured by Germans in Dunkirk.
    Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
    Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Comment

Agreed with Eduardo. Even though its is the earlier style (ww2 for sure with pleated chest pockets) its still a later
      version. Earlier pre war British Denim BD jackets (as used by the KM) were more brown in color,
      another indicator that this one is a later style.... so made post Dunkirk...and definately not BEF captured during the Blitzkrieg.
      Btw the KM did manufacture these in green as well, but as noted by Eduardo its a British made one, not a German copy!
      (based on the materials, buttons and hardware...)

Here's another example but a later M40 (lacking pocket pleats, pretending to be KM)
      As you can see manufactured in the same British green material

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...hlight=dunkirk

Last edited by NickG; 05-03-2011, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Thanks, Eduardo and Nick!

I thought it was to good to be true, and you know, most of the time it is to good to be true. I'm more in the studying phase on KM, not shure I'll broaden my collection more in that way... (I allready have 4 shirts and a turtleneck leather jacket, so far so good.)

Gracias en hartelijk dank

Comment

Here 2 good color images showing the proper (Brown) color of an early British captured converted BD jacket in Denim material converted for U-Boat use!
          Attached Files
          Last edited by NickG; 05-04-2011, 10:48 PM.

Comment

nick, thanks for the photos!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X