Help needed for a KM coat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help needed for a KM coat

Hi guys just want your opinions on this coat. It looks ok to me but i'm not an expert in any way so i would appreciate any input here.
    Does the eagle seem to be ok?
    Thanks in advance,
    Chris.
    Attached Files
    sigpicLooking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

more
    Attached Files

Comment

Was it conventional to have insignia on coats? I have never seen one with a breast eagle. Just with shoulder boards.
      Attached Files

Comment

If anyone got some pics of KM officers wearing such coat please post
        Attached Files

Comment

Last one.
          Attached Files

Comment

Any KM uniform experts?

Comment

The coat itself looks okay, the tag and lining seems fine!

I'm no expert on eagles.

Comment

Hello, this one is a nice original KM garment for sure, but it's not a coat but a frock coat. It looks really nice, good maker quality and with all insignias. The only problem with this is that the silver thread straps to secure the epaulettes when used under the shoulders boards are missing. About the eagle I'm not very confortable with it. And I forgot ... the buttons on the back side, similar to those used on the coats are missing also.

Here one of mine as an example.
                Attached Files
                Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
                Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Comment

Post the name tag nicely so we can see it etc., that is the most important clue. There are service records in books for KM officers.

Comment

Frock Coat

While I would always defer to Eduardo's opinion, this coat lacks the buttons on the back. There should be three on each side on the flaps. I can post a picture of this if necessary.

John

Comment

Originally posted by michiel01 View Post
                      The coat itself looks okay, the tag and lining seems fine!

I'm no expert on eagles.
                      Thank you Michiel for your input.

Comment

Originally posted by km-spain View Post
                        Hello, this one is a nice original KM garment for sure, but it's not a coat but a frock coat. It looks really nice, good maker quality and with all insignias. The only problem with this is that the silver thread straps to secure the epaulettes when used under the shoulders boards are missing. About the eagle I'm not very confortable with it. And I forgot ... the buttons on the back side, similar to those used on the coats are missing also.

Here one of mine as an example.
                        Eduardo that's a terrific set you got there. It's a pity that KM visor caps are so expensive that i couldn't buy one.
                        Can you post some pics of the silver thread you mentioned? I don't know what exactly it that is. On the back there should be 3 buttons instead of one? Like the waffenrocks?
                        And also you are right is called gehrock which translates as frock coat, but i wrote coat coz i didn't know the difference
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
                          Post the name tag nicely so we can see it etc., that is the most important clue. There are service records in books for KM officers.
                          Hi Johnny thanks for your reply also. I have messaged seller and asked to give me the name as i cannot make it out either.

Comment

Originally posted by dcdefend View Post
                            While I would always defer to Eduardo's opinion, this coat lacks the buttons on the back. There should be three on each side on the flaps. I can post a picture of this if necessary.

John
                            Hi John and thanks. Yes please post if you want.

Comment

I know it's a small detail but being a high ranking officer, all the anchor buttons would all be right side up

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X