No announcement yet.

Green piped tabs with skulls. Any idea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With your new photos confirming the shade of green, I would have to say definitely no Police use for these.

Richard

Comment

Thanks for your comments, I appreciate them all!
      I have very little knowledge of german insignia, so I don't feel to take a part in this very interesting discussion.
      I bought the tabs very many years ago (in the early '90s) from a guy who had no idea of what he was selling. I took them because I had a good feeling and because of the very low price. I liked the overall appearance and the small remains of paper from the backing. On the other hand, yes, the threads may look a bit odd.

I looked around for years to find identical ones (either fakes or originals) but with no success. I wonder why, if a fake, no other similar tabs have surfaced to the market. Maybe one piece of a kind made just for fun by a very good craftsman

Even if I'd prefer a positive and definite response of authenticity I think that the most important thing is to understand if they're real and if so,who actually used them: Panzergrenadiere (most probably, as I read in this thread), Polizei, jaeger...

Comment

Originally posted by Ironcrown View Post
        Even if I'd prefer a positive and definite response of authenticity I think that the most important thing is to understand if they're real and if so,who actually used them: Panzergrenadiere (most probably, as I read in this thread), Polizei, jaeger...
        I am convinced they are real. I suppose they were worn by Panzerjäger of a Panzergrenadierregiment or Jägerregiment.

Comment

I agree with those that doubt the originality of these tabs.
          In addition to Stephen44's comments, I also do not like the skulls.
          There is a decades-long debate about "round noses" and I am one
          of the ardent sceptics regarding their originality. I've had dozens of skull tabs
          that came from veteran sources, but never a "round nose".

Had they made the cut, I would agree that they would have been worn
          by a Jager or Gebirgsjager Stug. unit.
          An original example of this rare tab is one that I don't have.
          Chris Varrichio

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
            Supposedly for the police Stug wrapper, but I never believed they were used during the war.

Bob Hritz
            Wait for some photos of "Estonians" posted after this weekend's dress-up session, with Photoshop everything is real now

Comment

Originally posted by longislandercjv View Post
              In addition to Stephen44's comments, I also do not like the skulls.
              There is a decades-long debate about "round noses" and I am one
              of the ardent sceptics regarding their originality. I've had dozens of skull tabs
              that came from veteran sources, but never a "round nose".
              Hello Chris,

here is a pic of a veteran in his wrap with round nose skull and his wrap today (Leutnant V. is still allive):

The skulls on this wrap are exactly the same as at the tabs above.
              Attached Files

Comment

and this pair came form Unteroffizier S.: Very close to the skulls above, but not the same.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by LuckyStrike23; 05-07-2011, 04:27 AM. Reason: .

Comment

anf here are the two pattern in one pic:
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Luca Ongaro View Post
                    If originals and they have good chances in my opinion, I vote for jaeger tabs.
                    Luca
                    Greetings All,
                    I feel the same way as Luca! The color appears to be the Jaeger green to me. It looks as though the skulls were applied after the tabs had been removed from a scrap book!! Were tabs for assault gun tunics with colors other than red factory made or were they made by unit tailors? These appear to be hand made with materials that look period.
                    Lots of things to ponder on these!

Fred

Comment

they are great tabs, wish I had gotten them. Matt

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X