Kriegsmarine NCO Tropical Tunic

Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Just beautiful. Since it was never issued (paper tag), the boards were probably added later... Love that eagle application!

Comment

Hello, It is hard to see the gold in the eagle, I also apologize for the bad picture of the tag. It reads Schnitt: stamped 6472. Next line Gruppe, I can not make out, next line Art. stamped 4815, Size 54, next line: Offz jacken typed.
          It apears to be made of the tight weave Herringbone twill and is very light weight. ANY opinions, or comments. Jack
          Attached Files

Comment

Km brown tunic with the early collar, very nice.

Odd looking eagle and applied in the mid to late war style, with different colored thread to the construction.

Jerry

Comment

KM Tunic

Originally posted by VonBond View Post
              Km brown tunic with the early collar, very nice.

Odd looking eagle and applied in the mid to late war style, with different colored thread to the construction.

Jerry
              Hello Jerry, That is what I thought, I had actually never seen a eagle that color. But it looks like the eagle aged differently than the rest, but it appears to have been on it from the beginning, as I said, you can just barely see the gold in the eagle from the pictures, for some reason. I like the eagle though, and the buttons. It is clean. Would this of been worn with shorts ? And what type of hat ? Does any one have a picture, of a soldier wearing one of these. I have looked and can not find one., I also agree with the statement on the shoulderboards, but I am glad they are on it !! Jack

Comment

I think the jacket and eagle look fine...not an expert on the tresse...but I like the jacket/eagle. Tag looks fine form what I see..these particular tags are heavily faked..but the fakers always get one thing very wrong..which i dont see here! Congrats!

Comment

I made a better picture of the tag
                  Attached Files

Comment

Just a thought: why would the tag say "officer's jacket"?

Comment

Originally posted by teka View Post
                      Just a thought: why would the tag say "officer's jacket"?

thought had crossed my mind as well...

Comment

Hello again Jack..can you post some of the interior markings?

Comment

I don't know much about KM insignia but is a misshapen swastika like that normal? Very unsymmetrical
                          WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

KM tunic

Hello All, and thank you for your thoughts, I bought this with several other pieces. I questioned 2 pieces in the lot, and it was this and another item so-called Afica Korp item. In the first place, I think Tropical is used way to often and I know if something just looks brown it is going to be called Africa Korp by somebody. I gave this piece this title, because, that is what was given too me.
                            I did not want too sway opinion one way or another and wanted to represent this as it was too me.
                            In my opinion and after listening to yours, I have these thoughts:
                            #1. It is not a tropical tunic. It is a early Barracks tunic, for a Kriegsmarine officer.
                            #2. The shoulderboards are definitly not right, never thought they were.
                            #3. The tag is orignal, they made matching lightweight pants to go with this.
                            #4. While I have seen a eagle like this, and I think it is Late and period. I am not sure it was meant to go on this tunic and see no reason it would be on the tunic (in my opinion, it should have a removable eagle), and the tunic still have the tag. The eagle has gilt threading in it, it just does not show in the pictures. And the swastika is not twisted, it might appear this way at a certain angle, it is all wrinked and I was stretching it out.
                            #5. The buttons most likely are modern enhancements. Might be old buttons. But the paint is fresher.
                            All this leads to my conclusion that this is not what it was represented to be.
                            And therefore I am considering returning it. I tried to keep an open mind, and get your opinions. Because you learn something new everyday. If not, why are we on this forum. And if you do not, you will never be good in this hobby.
                            What say you.
                            Jack

Comment

I have one just like it, they were sold for officer's and snr. ncos as work or duty jackets, not tropical jackets.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X