Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

smoke troops patch

Hello,

Is this Nebelwerfer Richtkannonier or smoke troops patch original?
    I have seen this patch in a book from angolia were it is shown as a smoke troops variation.... is nowadays more information known, are this for smoke troops?

Thanks.

Regards, Jim
    Attached Files

2 more
    Attached Files

Comment

The design is for smoke troops, these started showing up all over the place about 5 years ago I am not 100% convinced these types are all original.

Comment

thanks for your reaction.

They are the same as in the book i reffered too, and that was allready in the 80's so they are around a little longer.

Maybe there are some more here who are familiar with these insignia....

Comment

It is not the same as the one in the book, the shell is shorter and wider in your example. There are several different types in this style but made differently. Most of the fakes have short fat bodies.

Comment

smoke

Perhaps 20 years ago this insignia suddenly was available and reproduced. Up until then I had only seen two or three originals , one which I have. The embroidery is finer and distinctly different than the one you have. It looks like it might be a reproduction as the originals just don't seem to be in any great number, though there is always the possibility of someone finding a group of them.

Comment

This are two known modern copies-
              Attached Files

Comment

Here is the reverse of another modern copy (note the thread fault connecting the fin to the wreath which I think is characteristic of fakes and an original "Bevo" which is the"probe" type shown in the Angolia/Schlicht there are bullion variations as well.
                Attached Files

Comment

Here is what I believe to be another type of modern copy, these are the kind that have popped up recently and a hand embroidered example.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for all your information. This is usefull
                    I will keep it as a reference in my junk box.

Regards Jim

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X