Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cap eagles and cockades

Hi Guys

I was hoping for some opinions on these items of insignia. I am tentatively hoping they are ok as I see no obvious red flags. The panzer trap is rather unusual I think.

many thanks in advance

Patrick
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Greetings Patrick,

It all looks good to me. I would like to see the cocade that is on the hat with the first pattern Heer cap eagle though.

Fred

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Green View Post
            Greetings Patrick,

It all looks good to me. I would like to see the cockade that is on the hat with the first pattern Heer cap eagle though.

Fred
            would like to see the caps these insignias are sewn to as well, some pretty good fakes on the market and they are all sewn the same way that these are ,including the flattened out soutache
            Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
            teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys, the caps I believe to be reproductions but I am hoping they have original insignias applied to them.

Fred, forgive my ignorance which one is the 1st pattern eagle? the grey backed one?

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick W View Post
                Thanks for the comments guys, the caps I believe to be reproductions but I am hoping they have original insignias applied to them.

Fred, forgive my ignorance which one is the 1st pattern eagle? the grey backed one?
                Yes they are using original insignias on these fake caps fred was refering to the white eagle on grey backing
                Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
                teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Greetings All,

Thanks for the help Lenny!

The cap that has the first pattern,white on grey eagle, machined sewn on the cap should be a very early cap in my opinion. This eagle wasn't used very long and is not as asthetically pleasing as the white on dark green eagle. The cocade should also be of a grey base material! The cocades show are both late war cocades used from 1940 on.

Fred

Comment

Not fond of foto 5... Billbert

Stands a good chance IMO of being a stincker

Comment

Thanks for the help guys- Fred, cockade with the 1st pattern eagle is a later war one so obviously wrong combo.
                      Bill what do you see that you dislike on the grey eagle? I've looked really hard and nothing jumps out at me to make it not original

Comment

As Lenny alluded to there is a very decent repop being used on new fake hats. seen in the last 4 or 5 years.. I think this is 1.. You also will HARDLY ever find a 1st model eagle on an early cap machine sewn...JMHO Billbert

Comment

Originally posted by Lenny W View Post
                          Yes they are using original insignias on these fake caps

what jerks

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X