Patch King Signal Blitz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Patch King Signal Blitz

Fred Green sent me an Artillery Blitz as a gift with some other stuff today-thanks Fred. I wanted to share it as it is a very early hand cut copy made by a firm called Patch King that was based in NYC from the 40s through the early 90s. This example probably dates to the late 1940s-early 50s. These are probably more rare then originals. Here it is compared to an original Nebel blitz and showing the gauze and elmers type glue backing that is typical for Patch King embroideries like this.
    Attached Files

I found this old thread, there is a red blitz listed for sale on the list,

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=1#post4130132

Comment

Greetings All,

Glad you posted that Johnny. The patch passes as a TR version except that it is actually hard and not bendable. The shape is hand cut not die cut. Neat piece though!!

Fred

Comment

Does anyone else have any other examples? It would be nice to know what they made, all of them should have the same gauze type backing. I have seen Jager green and white.

Comment

isn't there a 'Patch King' on eBay thats known for cloth?

Comment

Here's a few. These were on a US patch blanket I bought through a newspaper ad. Before I actually saw them, the gentleman who put the collection together in the 40's described them to me over the phone. I thought I hit the lottery. Well, at least the US patches were really good.....
            Attached Files

Comment

Here's a Patch King DJ Sigrune I used to have in my collection. I got it from the Guild, who took it back over a year later after I found out it was a reproduction.
              Attached Files

Comment

Here's another example of the Sigrune by Patch King that's up for sale at a dealer site. Note that it still has a portion of the price tag marked in US cents on the reverse. I don't think the seller knows it's a Patch King repro.
                Attached Files

Comment

The DJ patch is neat because they used the same type of "spotty embroidery"-the gaps on the rune face that you see with WWII US patches, probably the same machines were used for the repros as the WWII US items.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X