Eagle through lining application

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eagle through lining application

Other opinions on this one, tunic is a late M-43 with 1944 stamping. Thread appears to be the same as the main thread used to construct the jacket. The only reason I am "ify" is the crap job done on the wreath area.
    Attached Files

Hi Johnny

I have 2 identical M 43 tunics with similar eagle application. My tunics are also dated 1944. My eagle is different and the stitching does not go through the liner

regards

Juan
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Juan, I just get "scared" sometimes with these. It is a killer tunic if it is all real, I want it to be but I have learned to ask for other opinions and not be blinded by the light.

Comment

Looks ok to me Johnny IMO! lots of tunics out there with sewing through the liner, I have seen M40's sewn as such that I think are fine... As for the sewing job, I would be more inclined to think it is period than not! Think how many Eagles a taylor of seamstress attached per day and you have a percentage of sloppy work coming out.
        The lady that attached this had no idea that 65+ years later sombody would have the sewing job under a micoscope LOL!
        I for what its worth like it!
        Best Regards!
        Kev

Comment

Thread looks consistent and I have seen stitching like this before, I think it is factory applied.

Comment

Thanks Chris, I think it is original too, if it was reapplied it was done very very well. I need to pull it out and check the thread with a magnifying glass as Lenny suggested.

Comment

Yes, the Luftwaffe occasionally sewed eagles through the lining also. Typical of late war construction. Looks to be a very nice tunic!
              Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Thanks, we have mice now and I have everything packed tightly away or I would take more pictures. I found out the hard way they eat pull stings on Army parkas

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
                  Thanks, we have mice now and I have everything packed tightly away
                  Cats make wonderful pets.
                  Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X