X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

more
    Attached Files

Comment

markings are really tough to get pics of but they are there.
      Attached Files

Comment

more pics
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Richard P View Post
          Johnny,

Ha ha...no. I was going back through photos of some wraps I have owned that had almost identical linings, but they were original late war wraps with RBNr numbers and I'm trying to find any one that shows the lining in detail. I had a very worn one and one unused.

Perhaps it's my memory that is playing tricks. I will have to look later as I have to leave now. I will be back.

Richard
          To me the pocket lining looks like poly/cotton broken twill. I have never seen that before in period items, even the weave in cotton, maybe it is really really late War, like 1985.

Comment

CPmil,

Can you photograph any markings? How about a photo of the inside flap where the 4 buttons close the front?

Richard

Like this....
            Good point Richard, always easy when compared with an original example.

cpmil, thanks for the additionals pictures but has no chances to be an original IMHO.
            Luca
            Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

Thanks for the info so far. Any opinions on the collars?? Thanks, Mark.

Comment

What is the story on it? To me this (the jacket) is a classic fake. I cannot say on the skulls 100% but they also look postwar to me.

Comment

Thanks. It is a dealer piece so it will definately be going back. Again thank you for all and any input. If anyone else wishes to comment I would love more info. Would love to know when this fake was produced and from where if possible.

Comment

Originally posted by cpmil View Post
                    Thanks. It is a dealer piece so it will definately be going back. Again thank you for all and any input. If anyone else wishes to comment I would love more info. Would love to know when this fake was produced and from where if possible.
                    Do not believe me, believe in Richard P. and other Wrapper Rangers. I would wait the hear more. Who sold this?

Comment

Johnny,

The material you are looking at is the bias or binding material sandwiched inbetween the inner and out layers of wool down the front two sides of the jacket, and inside the collar. I have seen a lot of different types including oatmeal HBT used as bias, I just thought it looked a little heavy, but I assume it was basically scrap that was utilized. I think anything that a needle and thread could bite into was used.

Richard

Comment

Johnny,

The material you are looking at is the bias or binding material sandwiched inbetween the inner and out layers of wool down the front two sides of the jacket, and inside the collar. I have seen a lot of different types including oatmeal HBT used as bias, I just thought it looked a little heavy, but I assume it was basically scrap that was utilized. I think anything that a needle and thread could bite into was used.

Richard
                        Note the surface balling of the material, regardless of where it is in the jacket, to me it looks like a synthetic. With the new pictures there is more to look at, I see other features too that look unusual as well. Are the wool piped tabs/skulls real?

Comment

I, for one, am sitting on the edge of my seat

Comment

Here are some photos of very similar linings, one is in an 1945 produced M-43 cap posted today. The other photos are in a wrapper I used to have. I also had one from this maker that was very combat used, with some machined repairs and some very creative in the field sewing repairs.

Notice the sleeve shot in post #4 shows nice angled stitching on the cuff and the use of scrap denim on the buttoning side. The opposite side uses the same material as the lining. Interesting use of period like scrap denim in a fake.

Since the buyer can send it back I will just go with the flow here. I may have some differing views, but some times it pays to just play it safe. Here's 4 shots of very similar late war lining materials.

Richard
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Richard P; 03-18-2011, 02:15 AM.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X