ScapiniMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is wrong with this Officer rain overcoat????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is wrong with this Officer rain overcoat????

Hello,

I got today this overcoat after almost 4 month of waiting. I bought it from another WAF member out of Spain. Something went wrong with the customs papers, so it was sent back to Spain. He resent it, another month later I finally received the coat. He communicated very well with me during this time, he followed up with the post office, so no complaining here, he did whatever he could

After I took it our of the package and hung it on a hanger I noticed that it looked somehow crooked. The flaps of the pockets are not in the same height, the buttons are not in the same height (left row to right row).....I thought I may hung it crooked, so I straightened it on the hanger, still same thing....it just looked crooked....
    I started counting the buttons and noticed that the left side had 7 buttons and the right side 6 buttons....?
    The buttons for the shoulder boards are also at different locations, the left button is further up than the right button.

Well, I'm not a cloth pro, but that's just off from whatever I've seen....

What do you think?

Any reply would be highly appreciated since I want to notify the seller that the coat has some issues a.s.a.p......if it has issues of course....

Sorry for the different shades in the pictures, I changed some settings at the cam to adjust to my bad lighting.

Thanks in advance

Alex
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Greetings,

It appears that nothing is wrong with the coat! It looks as though you have buttoned it up wrong. Button the top button to the top buttonhole and check the alignment of the pockets. I am sure that the overcoat is fine.

Fred

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Green View Post
                    Greetings,

It appears that nothing is wrong with the coat! It looks as though you have buttoned it up wrong. Button the top button to the top buttonhole and check the alignment of the pockets. I am sure that the overcoat is fine.

Fred
                    Hello Fred,

thanks for the reply.

If I button it up with the top button, the collar is pushed back, it does not fit like this.
                    The buttons are also not at the same height (left row to right row).
                    It also would leave me with the seventh button on the bottom left unused???

Alex
                    Attached Files

Comment

Greetings,

Pull the interior of the jacket up a bit and the collar will lay flat.

Fred

Comment

Hello Fred,

just pulled it up and it fit's a little better....The coat is somewhat stiff, so it wants to go back to it's original position, it may was stored "crooked" for some time?

Why does the left side contains 7 buttons and the right side 6 buttons?

Alex

Comment

this is how it looks now.....I start to like it
                          For what is this seventh button?

Alex
                          Attached Files

Comment

Greetings Alex,

To get the proper drape it needs to be on a form. It will look better. Check and see if there is a small button to button the inside flap down too.

Fred

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Green View Post
                              Greetings Alex,

To get the proper drape it needs to be on a form. It will look better. Check and see if there is a small button to button the inside flap down too.

Fred
                              yes there is a button for the inside flap.

Do you have an idea why the left row has seven buttons and the right row 6 of them?

What to do with the extra button

Thanks

Alex

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X