TUNIC HELP? REAL or FAKE? VALUE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi John,

TSD officers were as I said in the previous post were in the main former military officials. Once transferred to officer status they dispensed with the old official double piped shoulder boards and outer piping on the collar patches and those assigned to the administrative branch received light blue piping and the caduceus (staff of mercury) as a branch distinction. The wear of this new insignia was introduced by order HV 44B No 216 dated 7 June 1944 and was to be fully implemented by 1 August 1944. Brian Davis correctly identifies and illustrates the insignia of the TSD in his later 2nd volume dealing with the Luftwaffe (The TSD was introduced in all three branches of the Wehrmacht).

I don't think an Iron Cross 2nd Class and a Medal for the Winter Campaign in Russia 1941/42 would be out of the ordinary for either the quartermaster of a front line regiment or an official on a divisional or corps staff.

Regards
    Glenn

Comment

Are there any labels or nametags with a date on them?It would be interesting to know how late in the war this tunic was made.The quality indicates a possibility it is an early made tunic but you never know.You are correct that the Ek and Russian front are not out of place for that particular service anything is possible.I will have to brush up on my Wehrmacht uniform knowledge.Thanks for the insight.
      Last edited by Mohawkwarrior; 05-18-2002, 02:59 AM.

Comment

THANK YOU EVERYONE !!!!!

Thank You for the information! This is an awesome discussion group! I hope to be as educated as everyone here some day.

Kevin

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
        X