Assistace In Identifying This Cloth Shield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assistace In Identifying This Cloth Shield

A friend sent me this cloth patch/shield to identify and I haven't the slightest idea what it is.

Looks like something a kid would wear on a school uniform
    WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

YOU ARE FUNNY TONIGHT

I have been informed that this is the location for a U-Boat bases in France. The port of Saint Nazaire had two U-boat combat flotillas located there, the 6th and 7th. Now if this patch was for the men's "Boy Scout" troops, I am sure we may find out soon.

Comment

I wasn't trying to be funny, but the patch you have presented doesn't look "military" in the slightest. St. Nazaire may have been a U-Boot hub but it's still an ordinary French town too.
        WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

I KNOW NOTHING

Yes, a town, maybe a town crest? I just:
          Attached Files

Comment

Actually, some kind of town crest does make sense. It seems to me that keys are used to signify a town, and with the Viking ship for a seaport town, why not? Doesn't look military to me at all. My guess is that it's intended to be worn on a blazer jacket. How big is it Bill?
            Last edited by Dave Suter (Sarge); 05-17-2002, 05:07 AM.

Comment

Dear Bill,

Looks like a tourist patch for that city. We have a lot of these in Europe, every city with just something worth being looked at by tourists sells these kind of patches in souvenir shops. I had a lot of those when I was a boy, not that particular one though. We had a similar recent case somewhere here on the forum where somebody presented a "Salzburg shield" of the same pattern.

Cheers, Frank H.
              Cheers, Frank

Comment

THANKS

Thanks to all for the information. I will pass the information along to the owner of the patch.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X