EARLY DAK collector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EARLY DAK collector

Quite interesting reading... Cant imagine how much captured goodies just dissapearred..Billbert

http://www.ourglasgowstory.com/story.php?sid=363

Interesting slice of history and something I'm sure we would all have done if we had been there then.

Comment

I'd have happily taken a beating to grab a pack (or two) of those uniforms and caps. Maybe not the cooties, but they'd have been a bonus!
      Bless ye, laddie.
      & people still ask where it all went and why so little remains of the POW uniforms etc...
      Mark

Comment

Just awesome story, I expect that piles of stuff similar to these described in article met 'Big fire party'...

Comment

Interesting story, thanks for posting the link. During the war my grandfather was a POW guard out in the southwestern United States. He told me a similar story as the POW’s where shipping out to head back to Europe they all turned in there worn faded DAK uniforms for new clothing. He remembers seeing piles of tunics and cast off clothes that met a similar fate and where all burned. He has commented to me he wished he had grabbed one when he had a chance, I wish he had too.

Comment

Very captivating read...VB is right, many of us would have hopped that fence had we been there! But there's a part of war we don't think about sometimes. All the diseases and infestations of soldiers on the front line.

Creepy details in there!

J-

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X