Branch Color Info Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Branch Color Info Question

10th Heer panzer division 1939 untill 1941, would the schutzen regiment of a panzer division in 39 they have pink or white waffenfarbe? Thank you in advance..... Harold

The Schützen Waffenrocks and piped officer tunics I have seen all had pink piping.

Don

Comment

Hello Harold,
      if you ask specific for the 10.PD, the two Schützen Regimenter 69 and 86 were not active before April 1940. As extra for a Panzerdivision built Schützenregimenter they had to wear the branch color "pink" by regulation. The problem is, that not all units at this stage of the war wore the colors they should. Both Regiments were built from former Infantry units, so the chance is very high that the soldiers wore the former white color continuing without numbers on the boards. I know also some Schützen shoulderboards with the lemon green color that was disbanded 1939. Unfortunately I don't know a surviving board from one of the two Regiments.
      I think the color of the 1940/41 Schützen- and Kradschützen units is often very confusing.

All the best,
      Andreas

Comment

Didn't believe me did you Harold??

I was going by memory of what I read in "Field Uniforms of German Army Panzer Forces in World War 2". I'll check it more closely for you when I get home today.

Scott

Comment

It's not I didn't believe you but before I opened my trap I thought I would check it out with the ones who know. And as said could be either way, nothing more confuseing than Heer branch colors throughout the different time lines during the war

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X