cammo 1945

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cammo 1945

I am interested in buying this off a dealer friend of mine can i have some input on it

its late war 45 dated very light in weight, material is cotton
    never been issued
    Attached Files

b

b
    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Anyone?

Anyone ?

Comment

Strange garment, cut almost like a greatcoat. Seems quite complicated and with a lot of buttons for something purported to have been made in 1945. I would expect blue-painted buttons on something of this vintage. The stamps do not look very convincing to me. It could be something made up after the war from leftover material, intended for civilian use perhaps. Lots of question marks with this odd piece, I would steer clear unless it is very cheap.

Comment

Jacket

Hi chris i was told its based on the mountain troops jacket,cheers will

Comment

Originally posted by hayleyp View Post
                Hi chris i was told its based on the mountain troops jacket,cheers will
                yes the cut is based on windjacke ,but i doubt its ww2 made item

Comment

Servus Kameraden,

Yes, the jacket is cut in the same style as the Gebirgsjäger Windjacke, but you have to ask yourself...why?

The Windjacke is suppose to be a windproof/weatherproof jacket. Other than camouflage, this jacket would be useless to the wearer as it does not seem to provide any protection that the Windjacke is suppose to provide.

I have seen wartime Windjacke made from Splinter and Italian camo, but those materials are from weatherproof canvas cloth. As others have stated...I think this may be a fantasy piece IHMO.

Here's a standard Windjacke for comparison:

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X