Heer M36 tunic for an Artillerie Oberfeldwebel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heer M36 tunic for an Artillerie Oberfeldwebel

I wanted to post some photos of this tunic for comments and opinions. I believe all the insignia are original wartime sewn, the eagle is zig-zag machine sewn and I believe is an early factory application. The collar tabs seem to have been applied with the same bobbin thread as the tresse and so were likely moved when the tresse was applied. The shoulder straps are slip-ons that show wear and aging matching that of the tunic, the tresse is not exactly the same as that used on the collar but it is very close, both being variants of the "elongated diamond" type that is sometimes mistaken for postwar NVA tresse. The tunic shows wear and use and has been tailored, the size stamps inside were changed and it may even have been reissued.
    Attached Files

The eagle is sewn with a tight zig-zag, the stitching does not go through the lining. It is well embedded into the wool surface and I believe is an original application.
    Attached Files

Comment

Collar tab and tresse application
      Attached Files

Comment

Shoulder strap and ribbons, the ribbons are neatly hand sewn as is typical.
        Attached Files

Comment

Award loops and rear view
          Attached Files

Comment

The rear belt hook holes show rust and traces of belt hooks that were simply threaded through the holes, to keep the belt in position in the back. I like honest signs of use like this.
            Attached Files

Comment

Lining and markings (sorry for the blurry photo). The tunic was taken in quite a bit, pockets moved up and bellows removed, and the skirt shortened. I welcome any comments on this tunic.
              Attached Files

Comment

Nice tunic, it may have been refurbished/resized and reissued. I have mentioned this before but all the issue items for KIA/MIA/ or wounded soldiers released from duty were sent back and reconditioned for reissue. You see things relined, new pockets, new eagles applied, new collars etc. I have even seen entire sleeves replaced. The old size markings are usually blocked out like yours and the new values stamped near the old ones for reissue.

To me this looks like a nice example of one of these

Comment

Wow! Very nice bird!

Comment

Looks like a honest re-issued tunic with original applied insignia. I give it a double thumbs up

Comment

Very sharp looking tunic and imo untouched since the war. Jacques

Comment

Comment

Nice tunic
                          Luca
                          Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

Looks very nice,congrats.

Glenn
                            "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Super ! You can not top those backed tabs and eagle application, Congrats!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X