No announcement yet.

Russian Army of Liberation Photos ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is from the Heeregeschichtliche Museum in Vienna - best I could get badly lit, through glass.
    Attached Files

Comment

Detail of collar tabs, Hoheitsabzeichen and arm shield (inset).
      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

(My other favourite was the RAD uniform with the ribbon bar!)

Comment

Hi guys, thanks for posting those pics. That is one very rare tunic. At first glance it appears to be a standard M43 but when you look closer it is made pull-over style like a Russian Gymnastroika.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Weitze has this one for EUR 1100
              Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Comment

Hi Paul, thanks for posting the pics.It is intereting as the breast badge is sewn on upside down. The tunic this time is the standard HBT summer issue.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Interesting tunic, never seen one like it. I must have missed it when I was in Vienna. The war museum stopped at WWI when I was there in '90. Maybe they updated their displays since.

The other HBT Tunic is interesting too. Never seen an upside down brest badge like that except in one original photo. I will try to find it and post it, but I can not remember what book it was in...

Does anyone know why they had buttons on their collar tabs?

If anyone has any POA items, collar tabs, boards, I would be interested.

CHeers,
                      Galizien41

Comment

Hi Galizien41, the buttons worn as decoration on the collar tabs are a Russian "thing". The Soviets wore them too from 1943 on the greatcoat collar tabs

Here is a POA shield from my collection (sorry not for sale)

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Ade,

Thanks for the info, about it being a Russian stylistic preference.

Thanks for the photo too, I only have one of the Bevo unissued POA shields off a roll. Nice one though. I do have some foreign volunteer boards, and foreign volunteer luft boards as examples, but no POA ones.

Thanks,
                          Galizien

Comment

Maybe of interest cossack uniform - Manions..???

photo 1

Item Description
                            Cherkesska coat is Sz med approx, black garberdine wool construction with hook/eye closure, 18 chest level cartridge pockets, pass through pocket on each side of waist & straight sleeves, has bevo officers breast eagle on R/chest & Russian style slip on shoulder boards having 2 thin red center stripes & single metal pip on each, set includes: Sz 60 kubankas w/black curly lamb skin body, med blue wool top having alum tress cross on top & white quilted cotton construction + metal WH eagle & Terek officers cockard affixed to front. Set is in good overall condition showing typical use & wear. Similar uniform can be seen on page 52-55 of the new Schiffer book: Uniforms & Insigina of the Cossacks in the German Wehrmacht in WW2 by Schuster & Tiede. 7
                            Attached Files

Comment

picture 2

Originally posted by ErikR
                              photo 1
                              picture 2
                              Attached Files

Comment

Picture 3

Originally posted by ErikR
                                picture 2
                                Picture 3
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                                X