Ratisbons

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holters tailor made uniforms -The best ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holters tailor made uniforms -The best ?

I showed this Holters waffenrock in another thread-thought I would start a thread on Holters tailored uniforms if you have them would love to see them ! My understanding is Holters was the tailor of the well to do soldier during the Third Reich.

Last edited by Simon O.; 10-31-2013, 01:57 PM.

Although I don't own any Wilhelm Holters Waffenrocks (at least any that are marked) I believe this firm was the best in the industry at the time. In my opinion, the materials Holters used along with their craftsmanship and attention to detail was unsurpassed.

Mark

Comment

I have a Holter's tunic which has much reinforced stitching, extra buttons on the inside, and extra padding around the arm holes, all of which make the jacket quite heavy!
      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Well made to be sure! Perhaps a dumb question, But did the firm survive the war and continue in business after?
          I really look forward to seeing more of the fine work by this firm and think this thread is a great idea!
          Regards!
          Kevin

Comment

Beautiful Pionier waffenrock, though you may be able to tell I am impartial to pioniers

Holters were indeed particularly high quality uniform tailors. I have only one - a Holters waffenrock converted to a walking out tunic (likely later in the war and at a different tailor), named to a Pioneer Oberst, Hermann Lohbeck, commander of Pi/Btn 658, who was a DKiG recipient.

BC

Comment

Here is my Holters made Pioneer Hauptmann Waffenrock.
              Attached Files

Comment

My Aufkl-Abt.35 Leutnant Holters Cap & Tunic..
                Attached Files

Comment

The Labels, dated 1943...
                  Attached Files

Comment

The Cap...
                    Attached Files

Comment

And the Man himself...
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by J C Gray View Post
                        My Aufkl-Abt.35 Leutnant Holters Cap & Tunic..

I have a similar cut tunic from Holters, sorry for the bad pic but only one I have at the moment.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Some beautiful uniforms shown thank you JC Gray concerning the word Klotz stamped on the name tag would you agree that stamp means inspected? I have seen the same stamp on a few other Holters uniforms. That hat is fantastic! First I have seen like this

Comment

I would agree that it must be some sort of acceptance/quality control stamp. These stamps normally take the form of a Zuname, but I have also seen numerals and/or dates stamped on these name tags.

Comment

Being a army dagger collector you can attribute certain parts to certain manufactures I noticed on these Holters waffenrocks the breast eagles are very consistent in their style and look and will say I believe they are made by the same supplier I assume Holters had a contract with a certain supplier for these eagles and I will say they are top notch-Am I dreaming?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X