Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pioneer M42 Opinions

Hi all,

I have been offered this salty looking Pioneer M42 tunic - I personally like it, but am far from an expert with issue EM/ NCO tunics (I own none of these types) and would welcome any opinions before making a final decision.

Many thanks in advance!

BC

Hello
    This is a original M42 Heer jacket .
    Lot of damages , but all insigns , eagle , litzen and collar insigns are original applied .
    a good item for a collector who like salty uniform .
    Mathieu

Comment

HI Brad -

Hope you're not getting flooded out Down Under. It's a salty dog, but I have to say that it looks to me like the insignia is all original!

Don

Comment

Nice Tunic! I like these Salty examples!
        Stay Dry! Watching the news of the floods Down Under I suggest getting your collection high off the floor!
        Kevin

Comment

Very nice tunic, I like this one a lot. I'd be proud to have this in my collection. Now if only it could talk.

Comment

Brad, I would hold out for one in a better condition, they are not that hard to come by. Jacques

Comment

Take a close look at the stitching on the eagle all the way around
              Attached Files

Comment

I am not completly convinced either..

Jens

Comment

agreed!
                  I donĀ“t like the boards from these fotos and the insignias looks reapplied.
                  the tunic itselfs look ok.

Comment

The tabs appear reapplied as well. If you look carefully near the top center in this image you can see a broken line of machine sewn thread from the original application next to the stitch lines and thread holding them on there now. I do not like the Helmsman badge application either to be honest.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks folks - I am high and dry so far here in Brisbane even though I am right next to the river, though some others here have not been so lucky - it will be a big clean up effort .

Thanks for the opinions on the tunic - I personally like it but take the points on board regarding the probable re-application of insignia and condition - will probably wait for a better condition item to come along - I am in no rush

Thanks again!

BC

Comment

hello, is an original tunic and original logo, but I see that everything is reapplied,
                        the tunic has been stripped and resewn wrong, that is what I see from the pictures
                        just my opinion.
                        best
                        xisco

Comment

I dont like the NCO tape.
                          The "long diamond pattern" is typical for NVA NCO tape (german democratic republic).

kind regards,

frank

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X