Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with loops on right chest please!!

Hello Gents,

I received a nice Waffenrock for a Signal Oberstleutnant this weekend and I need help with one question:

Loops for medals on the right chest normally are for: DKiG, Spanish Cross or Turkish Gallipolli Star, and they all have long pins. This tunic has two sets of loops on the right side, so I guess one set is for one of the above decorations - but what could be the other set where the loops are sewn so close together??
    Any help is highly appreciated!!

Thanks
    Harry
    Attached Files

The other loop may have been added if the award hung too low near the belt. Can you post a picture of the front showing where the loops are on the jacket.

Comment

Other types of foreign awards were also worn on the right site.

Comment

Originally posted by Gran Sasso View Post
        Other types of foreign awards were also worn on the right site.
        Example - the upper foreign (LW ?) award would match the 2 upper loops:
        Attached Files

Comment

That picture has got to be a Photoshop creation, right?

Comment

Can you post a picture of the whole jacket front, it helps to see where the loops are to figure out what they may have been for. Is it named? The top one may also have been used to hook the braid too.

Comment

Man that is some serious bling!

Comment

I am having problems with the uploading of pics, but will try again.

No name or tag, but it was a LTC of Korps-Nachrichten-Abteilung 46, most likely the CO himself, so it should be possible to do some recon on the man.

Harry

Comment

For Signals a DKiS at that rank and position is likely as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Pittman View Post
                    That picture has got to be a Photoshop creation, right?
                    No

Comment

Originally posted by Gran Sasso View Post
                      No

That pic has been discussed here earlier, can't find the thread though.

I recall something that this photo was a total set-up from a former trooper for some good post war reason, like to apply a good job or similar? Or then it was a total photoshop-job, I'm getting old and can't remember anymore....

Comment

I think the Herr Oberleutnant has violated about three or four regulations with regard to the wear of awards, cuff titles and decorations.

As for the two sets of loops, sometimes they were set up that way to allow the award to be moved up or down depending on whether the dress belt was worn or the tunic was being worn in a more informal capacity.

Don

Comment

The photo is from a German soldier who made his own documents and awarded himself after the war if I'm not mistaking.

About your tunic, The pin of a Spanish cross is rather small, so It could be a DKig and a SC.
                          http://www.sandeboetiek.com

sigpic

Comment

You should be able to narrow him down to a couple people by researching the unit. I would do that first before trying to figure it out. It could be several things but as I said in that unit and at that rank a DKiS is the most likely award. I would try to get a match with the rank and unit in the awardee books. If that does not work you can consider time spent in Gallipoli and Barcelona.

Comment

Agree that many foreign awards were also worn on the right breast, which those may be for. If you ever see pictures of Luftwaffe Generalleutnant Ludwig Keiper, he had a slew of them as well all over the place. It actually starts to look like a mess with all those medals!

J-

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X