Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with a bird please...

Hello everyone and happy new year!

OK, I bought this Eagle off of the e-stand a while back. after seeing all of the bad feedback lately I hope it's even a good one.

I liked it for the bullion highlights, so i picked it up, without knowing a thing about it...

Can you guys please tell me if it's even a good one, what branch or designation it is, and are they hard to come by as this is the only one I have ever seen (which me not seeing it means absolutely nothing, i'm pretty much blind in one eye and can't see out the other...)

any help will be greatly appreciated! I will in turn give you the winning lotto numbers (last weeks)

Thanks,
    John
    Attached Files

The back side
    Attached Files

Comment

It looks original, it's an early enlisted mans breast eagle, Heer (Army) that has been modified with some bullion highlights. That was probably done for a higher grade of uniform like walking out dress or a parade waffenrock. I have seen a number of them over the years. Nice example!

Richard

Comment

Originally posted by Richard P View Post
        It looks original, it's an early enlisted mans breast eagle, Heer (Army) that has been modified with some bullion highlights. That was probably done for a higher grade of uniform like walking out dress or a parade waffenrock. I have seen a number of them over the years. Nice example!

Richard
        i agree looks like a nice pimped up original
        Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
        teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard P View Post
          It looks original, it's an early enlisted mans breast eagle, Heer (Army) that has been modified with some bullion highlights.
          Ditto
          Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

John,

I'm pretty sure sold you this bird. It's a great example and without a doubt an original. I have seen several like it over the years including a Noriega with the gold bullion highlights. If u are ever uncomfortable with it let me know as I will buy it back. Matt

Comment

very cool.

Comment

Originally posted by afrikasandman View Post
                John,

I'm pretty sure sold you this bird. It's a great example and without a doubt an original. I have seen several like it over the years including a Noriega with the gold bullion highlights. If u are ever uncomfortable with it let me know as I will buy it back. Matt
                Hey...yes you did, I wasn't really doubting very much, but I was going through a display case and found this beauty and was asked what it was for, I didn't know, so came this thread....

I am very happy with it and hope I did not offend you by posting questions about it here.

I sort of think its rude when someone starts a three word thread saying "original? Value? Thanks." so a lot of that I guess you could say was filler.

Again thanks for the beautiful bird!

and thanks to everyone else who commented! I appreciate it!

John

Comment

Nice eagle

A nice eagle. I have owned one just like it, complete with the bullion embellishments. In my experience, these eagles are not scarce.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X