Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luftwaffe Tropical

Gentlemen,

Your comments are invited on this tunic.

A friend who is a long time collector of uniforms, including tropical, tells me that this one started life as a blue/grey tunic and was subsequently died to this color. Note that the color is not accurately reflected in all of these images -- I do the best I can with the camera but have little ability to adjust colors. It is more yellowish than some of these photos might imply.

Note the pieces of the uniform that remain the blue color. What I did not photo was the backs of the pocket flaps. They are also blue/grey.

There was a cuffband on it at one time -- only the stitching holes remain but it was beautifully done at the time, due to the spacing and continuity of the stitch holes.

Anyway, comment if you will so we all may learn.

Best regards,

Mike
    Attached Files

Collecting mint condition Imperial German uniforms, visor caps, and Pickelhauben.

Attached Files

Collecting mint condition Imperial German uniforms, visor caps, and Pickelhauben.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

looks good to me. IMO original tropical luftwaffe jacket.

Comment

I'm totaly confused. It would be impossible to die blue material to a tan colour. You could bleach it to get a tan colour but how you do you leave panels of cloth in the original blue?

Here's my bleached blue tunic for comparrison.
                  http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=388608

Comment

Greetings All,

I totally agree with you on this one Ben. I believe it was made like this. They used the blue colored material on the inside for lining and support parts. There is no way you can dye from dark to light! You can bleach from dark to light , but all the material gets bleached. This tunic was assembled in these colors in my opinion.

Fred

Comment

Originally posted by BenVK View Post
                      I'm totaly confused. It would be impossible to die blue material to a tan colour. You could bleach it to get a tan colour but how you do you leave panels of cloth in the original blue?

Here's my bleached blue tunic for comparrison.
                      http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=388608
                      My thoughts as well. It looks more as if it is tan with blue lining/reinforcing fabric.

Jerry

Comment

More ...

Some more photos of the backs of the pocket flaps.

What you gentlemen say makes sense. Different parts -- different colors.

Bleaching / dying / cleaning -- not my specialty when it comes to how to do it. Glad to get this feedback.

Regards,

Mike
                        Attached Files

Comment

Any ink stamps Mike?

Comment

No

None, Ben.

Mike

Comment

Nahh they never did that...
                              Looks like they did... Billbert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X