MilitariaRelicts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Officers field grade grey wool pants. German or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Officers field grade grey wool pants. German or not?

I have these pair of pants that look German but there isn't a mark on them to be found.They are grey- green, heavy on the grey. They have paper buttons except for the buttons on the ankle.They do not have a watch pocket.They have slant front pockets . The fly buttons are compressed paper and say neueste mode on the front, which I believe is German for latest style. The bigger compressed paper buttons on the waist are marked HABI on the back. The lower leg closure are regular buttons that are unmarked. the button holes in the legs are like that of WW2 tunic button holes. Any Ideas on time frame or confirmation they are german ? Thanks for any help. Regards, Mitch

back side of breeches

Back picture
    Attached Files

Comment

Complete front view

Front view
      Attached Files

Comment

Leg closure

Lower legs
        Attached Files

Comment

One of the paper buttons

Compressed paper button
          Attached Files

Comment

In my opinion they're 134% WW2 vintage, WH officer-grade breeches...and quite nice too!

Manny
            Last edited by derspiess63; 04-08-2004, 06:45 AM.

Comment

Yeah.., great pair of breeches..!

Jos.

Comment

Would any/all officers wear these, or only "cavalry" officers? Didn't some officers wear straight leg pants?
                HC

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Manny and Jos for your fast response. I appreciate it.
                  Sincerely, Mitch

Comment

Originally posted by hcliffe
                    Would any/all officers wear these, or only "cavalry" officers? Didn't some officers wear straight leg pants?
                    Harry,
                    These pants would be worn by most every group but the cavalry. They do not have the double material or leather in the seat area that the cavalry would wear. Also, most straight leg pants were worn by EM up to and including NCO. There were straight leg pants worn by officers in period pictures. I believ late in the war the M44 style pants were straight legged. Correct me if I'm wrong.Mitch

Comment

Originally posted by M. A. Miller
                      Harry,
                      These pants would be worn by most every group but the cavalry. They do not have the double material or leather in the seat area that the cavalry would wear. Also, most straight leg pants were worn by EM up to and including NCO. There were straight leg pants worn by officers in period pictures. I believ late in the war the M44 style pants were straight legged. Correct me if I'm wrong.Mitch
                      Hi Mitch,
                      you're far from being wrong, but I'd like to point out, if I may, and I reckon that that would be of interest to many of us,that many a late-production M36 and M40 reiterhose and most of the new M43 reiterhose(whose waist was cut in the same fashion as the M43 kielhose) didn't have any reinforcement at their back, be it cloth or leather!
                      I'm telling that since it could well be that a "newbie" would pass on such a model thinking that they're not "the real thing"!
                      Later
                      Manny

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X