Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take it or leave it? Big lot of insignias

Hello,

I could pick up this lot of insignias, I want to use it to study this field a bit since it's new to me.

Besides the SS stuff, everything else should be authentic.

What would be a reasonable price for the lot, please rely to this thread or send me an PM?

Thanks for your help.

ss tabs looks bad so far

Comment

Originally posted by USA-Alex View Post
      Besides the SS stuff, everything else should be authentic.
      I knew, but the rest should be good.

Alex

Comment

Most of the regular tabs and boards are "singles" and fairly common....there are a few scarcer ones visible, and a few that might be good...but can't tell with out close examination, be sure.

Personally....if they walked into the flea market.....(not counting the SS tabs (fakes) and assuming the SS straps are "questionable")....I'd only pay $200/250.00 for what I see.....less if I could.....most is common and not big sellers. Of course, if I was new to this and needed them "all", that would be alittle differant.

Certianly a nice lot.....just too many "singles" to be big money.....There are a few NICER ones....those would be "keepers"....
        John G.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemilitaria View Post
          Most of the regular tabs and boards are "singles" and fairly common....there are a few scarcer ones visible, and a few that might be good...but can't tell with out close examination, be sure.

Personally....if they walked into the flea market.....(not counting the SS tabs (fakes) and assuming the SS straps are "questionable")....I'd only pay $200/250.00 for what I see.....less if I could.....most is common and not big sellers. Of course, if I was new to this and needed them "all", that would be alittle differant.

Certianly a nice lot.....just too many "singles" to be big money.....There are a few NICER ones....those would be "keepers"....
          John G.
          Hello John,

thanks for your reply.
          I'm glad I asked before I pulled the trigger, the lot was offered to me for substantially more than $200/$250.

As said before, I want to study these insignias and eventually sell them once the time is right.
          What would be your estimated retail price if sold separately and if the non SS insignias are all authentic.

Grasping for straws here

Alex

Comment

Hello John,

thanks for your reply.
            I'm glad I asked before I pulled the trigger, the lot was offered to me for substantially more than $200/$250.

As said before, I want to study these insignias and eventually sell them once the time is right.
            What would be your estimated retail price if sold separately and if the non SS insignias are all authentic.

Grasping for straws here

Alex
            I'd say 4 Grand. Real skull tab is 3k. Rune tab $800-1K

Comment

Originally posted by Naval Enigma View Post
              I'd say 4 Grand. Real skull tab is 3k. Rune tab $800-1K
              The SS stuff is fake.... only the other items are authentic.

Comment

Greetings Alex-USA,

Given that the SS stuff is bad I wouldn't give over $500. for the lot and that is pushing it!! It is almost all common singles. You are better off purchasing singles at shows than paying good money for this lot. IMHO.

Fred

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Green View Post
                  Greetings Alex-USA,

Given that the SS stuff is bad I wouldn't give over $500. for the lot and that is pushing it!! It is almost all common singles. You are better off purchasing singles at shows than paying good money for this lot. IMHO.

Fred
                  I agree, there are no Marilyn Monroes in there, just a lot of standard fare odds and ends. The Imperial Board in the top left is the most interesting one. The Wartime Official board on black braids looks funky as well.

Comment

As others have already replied, most everything is pretty common, with one exception - that winged shell device. I've been collecting straps boards almost exclusively for around 10 years now and I still haven't been able to find one for my collection.
                    AUTHOR OF:

sigpic

GERMAN ARMY SHOULDER STRAPS AND BOARDS - 1933-1945

Comment

The SS stuff is fake.... only the other items are authentic.
                      No doubt it's bad. He wanted to know values if the tabs were real.

Skull tabs are between 3-4K retail. Collector's Guild has an NCO bouillon with no piping listed.

Comment

Originally posted by PD Sergeant View Post
                        As others have already replied, most everything is pretty common, with one exception - that winged shell device. I've been collecting straps boards almost exclusively for around 10 years now and I still haven't been able to find one for my collection.
                        Sorry,
                        the winged shell isn't a Heeresflak device. It's the standard device for KM coastal artillery and it's very common.
                        Because there are a lot of oxidation to some insignia and a lot of mothnaps to others I would not pay more than $250.

All the best,
                        Andreas

Comment

I wouldn't give more than 30$ for the whole lot, so what...???

I counted (excluding the ss items) more or less 50 boards and straps. I would say that a minimum price per piece would be 10$ so 500$ would be more realistic price. But there are items that can go for 20$ or more in the lot, so it could go even higher.

Comment

Originally posted by PD Sergeant View Post
                            Officers version of KM art, as Eduardo said. Here is mine, on NCO boards.

Jerry
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by vizenz View Post
                              Sorry,
                              the winged shell isn't a Heeresflak device. It's the standard device for KM coastal artillery and it's very common.
                              Because there are a lot of oxidation to some insignia and a lot of mothnaps to others I would not pay more than $250.

All the best,
                              Andreas
                              Originally posted by VonBond View Post
                              Officers version of KM art, as Eduardo said. Here is mine, on NCO boards.

Jerry
                              Yep, you guys are absolutely right. Good catch. I've noticed it is getting harder to read licenses plates at night. Maybe it's time for a pair of glasses...
                              AUTHOR OF:

sigpic

GERMAN ARMY SHOULDER STRAPS AND BOARDS - 1933-1945

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X