Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fur vest

Hi Guys
    I m looking for a fur vest and I would like your opinion about this one.

regards, olivier

I don't like this one, compared to other I have seen. The construction is much different.

Carles

Comment

Hello,

I certainly wouldn't dismiss it straight away. It looks promising thusfar and shows features I like, which I have also seen in other originals and wartime pictures.

Best Regards,
      Vincent S.

Comment

Might be, but it is quite damaged anyhow.

Carles

Comment

That's a fact that I can not denny, but telling it is in a bad condition is something different than to go telling that it is bad....This could lead to wrong conclusions being made...

I will look for some photographs to see if I can be of further help in this question.

Best,
          Vincent

Comment

Thanks for your help Carles & Vincent
            regards, olivier

Comment

I had the opportunity to look through a stack of about two dozen of these that came from the MGM auction, back in the early 70's. No two were exactly the same.

Remember that they were made from used fur coats that were donated. Most of the ones I have seen are rabbit fur.

Comment

Originally posted by Vincent S. View Post
                That's a fact that I can not denny, but telling it is in a bad condition is something different than to go telling that it is bad....This could lead to wrong conclusions being made...

I will look for some photographs to see if I can be of further help in this question.

Best,
                Vincent
                Hello Vincent,

Member posting the vest asked for our opinions. I just said that 'I don't like it, compared to other I have seen'. It is just my opinion, I haven't said it is a bad one. I know there are many variants and I am glad there are more knowlegable members in this forum whom we can learn from. Looking forward to read your next book. Thanks for your opinions.

Carles

Comment

Originally posted by Vincent S. View Post
                  Vincent, did you found any photo's on these fur vests? If so please post!

Comment

I think this is okay, the leather button pulls show up on the larger fleece jackets too, they are made from scraps, I have one somewhere I will try to dig out today and take pictures of.

Opps, not a vest, a jacket liner sorry I have seen it in years. Same type construction just with sleeves.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Johnny R; 01-10-2011, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Details on construction, the little patch would appear to be a factory repair. These were a stop gap measure and slapped together. Can you tell what the fur is on the one that started the thread.
                      Attached Files

Comment

More-Note the punched out "D" which maybe a leather grade or class for size/use.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Last ones- patch repair and underarm vent-note the finger print stains maybe from the same person inspecting and then stamping it with the RBN also in black ink before sending it out.
                          Attached Files

Comment

First of all, sorry for not responding in a more timely mannor. Forgot all about - studying has a strange effect on one's mental condition so it seems...

Here's a picture of a similar, but not fully identical vest/ body-warmer...Although it differs in shade, it is obvious that this, also, is a sleeveless bodywarmer, closed by pull tabs.

I have photographic evidence of a near-identical one, but I must refrain from posting because it will be used in my upcoming publication. Also, the picture is not mine - so I would rather first ask the owner if I can post it.

Best,
                            Vincent S.
                            Attached Files

Comment

@ Johnny: nice example of a Felljacke! Especially when taking the RFNr in to consideration, which is much rarer than the RBNr...

However, this was a regulated jacket and was mass-produced. The one that started the thread is, although I consider it to be original and probably worn during that period, a rarer variant - probably made at a rear-line factory somewhere in the occupied Eastern territory. Probably Bulgaria or Czech Republic, as these were well known for their leather and fur products- well before Germany invaded/ annexated these territories.

Best,
                              Vincent S.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X