Fuehrerhauptquartier cuff title, uniform removed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuehrerhauptquartier cuff title, uniform removed

I bought this today in a very unexpected way. I had one of these years ago that was unissued, this one still has some threads from being sewn on a uniform. I believe that this is an original example but wanted to post it here for discussion as I might be posting it on the E-Stand. All comments and opinions regarding originality are welcomed.
    Attached Files

More pictures. This example is identical to the original mint one I used to have, except for the wear.
    Attached Files

Comment

I can post more photos if needed. Thanks in advance for any comments. For me this is a nice original one, I haven't seen another that was actually worn.
      Attached Files

Comment

Just going from memory it sure looks good based on the materials and construction, and script. I apologize for being in too much of a hurry to go and look up comparison examples.

Richard

Comment

Richard, thanks for your feedback, I appreciate it. I have studied this one closely and am very confident it is a textbook original, particularly in regards to the general construction and the materials used- the Russia braid, the fine woven black wool cloth, and the appearance and quality of the bullion embroidery are all just what I would expect. These were hand embroidered so there are small differences in the details of the lettering but to me this one is entirely consistent with other original examples. Here is an attributed piece that was shown here previously:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=379142

The other one I had:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=71852

Of course I am open to any opinions and am happy for any feedback on this item.

Comment

Here are two more detail shots. The first one shows one end where the nap has been worn away showing the fine weave. The second is another close-up of the bullion hand embroidery. As always I welcome any comments on this item.

I bought this cuff title yesterday at a small local show. It was buried in a heap of fake stuff in the "junk box" of a seller who deals mostly in reproduction items. I paid the full asking price of one dollar.
            Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X