Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Body Apron

Hi all,
    What is your advice about this body apron ?
    Thank you, best regards.
    Patrick.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

It`s post war BGS.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom McRei View Post
      It`s post war BGS.
      Hello,
      Please elaborate
      I always thought that the BGS used only their own Splinter pattern camo uniform and Zelt, then later their own Sumpfmuster camo uniforms and body apron...
      The body apron shown in this thread reminds me of some examples that were found in the things of a former french paratrooper when he came back from the indochina war in the very early fifites....at this time, the BGS was quite new or not even created. So perhaps the BGS used some Sumpfuster 43 body aprons, but i have a lot of difficulties to believe that these Sumpfmuster 43 body aprons have been produced for them...
      Among all body aprons that i've seen in the past, the majority were made of Sumpfmuster 44 and were unlined, but i've seen also good examples that were made of Sumpfmuster 43 or 44, and lined, always with this white cloth...

If you do have an official text, or something to back up what you're saying, thanks to share it with us...

Comment

128 viewers and no other opinion so far...

Comment

Sorry only just seen this, I agree it is not BGS but looks like the late war apron. How long is it? It looks like a dress by the length of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom McRei View Post
            It`s post war BGS.
            Thats nonsense!

Comment

Originally posted by David Fettes View Post
              Sorry only just seen this, I agree it is not BGS but looks like the late war apron. How long is it? It looks like a dress by the length of it.
              Agree: Cloth is original, construction is postwar. Cut is wrong, way to long, originals have diff. neck-opening, diff. ties, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Gran Sasso View Post
                Cut is wrong, way to long, originals have diff. neck-opening, diff. ties, etc.
                I knew there was something bothering me!! ( Belated Happy Birthday)

Comment

So what is it ?
                  the "postwar" explanation does not convince me at all for the moment.
                  it's a bit short...always easy to classify something postwar when you don't know exactly what it is.
                  who made them and for what purpose ?
                  please remember that some of them have been found in the stuff of a former french paratrooper back for the indochina war in the early 50's....
                  so if "postwar" they must have been produced between 1945 and 1950....and issued or put in storage somewhere for some unidentified troops or organisation...and were seized by the french para...

Maybe that the member who opened this thread could chime in and say to us where did he find the example posted, if this item has a story...etc...

Comment

you have any (close up) pic's of the inside ??? Looks like it is a lined apron ? Or am I wrong ?

best regards

Edwin

Comment

Yes Edwin it's lined with a white cloth.
                      Strange to see how a previous body apron of the same type shown a few years back had positive comments from some respected members and now it's supposed to be postwar...

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ght=body+apron

Was there only one type of unlined body apron ?
                      Were some of them produced with lining, apparently yes, but by whom ?
                      The white side should indicate that this garment was meant to a military use for a snow camouflage purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by JPhilip View Post
                        Strange to see how a previous body apron of the same type shown a few years back had positive comments from some respected members and now it's supposed to be postwar...
                        What a ridiculous comment, thats like saying......why is my SS helmet fake, I saw a thread where there was one just like it and that was original.

For a start, the body apron in the other thread is the correct length. This apron is too long.

Comment

maybe the owner who started this thread can ad some pic's and sizes. I don't want to send this one right away to the "postwar section" but I've got to see some more details

Comment

Originally posted by David Fettes View Post
                            What a ridiculous comment, thats like saying......why is my SS helmet fake, I saw a thread where there was one just like it and that was original.

For a start, the body apron in the other thread is the correct length. This apron is too long.
                            "For a start", there's no photo showing the length of the body apron from the link that i provided, so i don't see how you can tell that it has the correct length...they both have the same lining, the same collar opening and the same construction, so before telling that my comment is "ridiculous", just check first before posting a more "ridiculous" comment yourself.
                            And if the member who opened this thread could post some more infos it would be nice, instead of staying hidden, waiting for the result of the thread to buy or return the apron...
                            Last edited by JPhilip; 10-30-2010, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JPhilip View Post
                              so i don't see how you can tell that it has the correct length.
                              By looking at the repeat on the camo pattern. The first item is too long. As for the items being of the same construction, I disagree, just because it looks like one does not mean it is.

I will agree however that the original poster needs to supply more info and pictures, if they can.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X