fake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fake?

Someone is selling this uniform on Craigslist. Does it appear as fake as I think it does?http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-ViewAdLar...AdId=224170648
    Last edited by cdnman; 10-13-2010, 02:48 PM. Reason: title

someone?? anyone?

Comment

Crap photos...Looks like the jacket (would want better photos) and shoulder boards are OK....Insignia post war applied,IMO.

Glenn
      "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn McInnes View Post
        Crap photos...Looks like the jacket (would want better photos) and shoulder boards are OK....Insignia post war applied,IMO.

Glenn
        when you say post war applied, do you mean repro? or do you mean placed on the tunic after the war to ad value?

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn McInnes View Post

Glenn
          I agree, also maybe has been dyed.

Comment

pics look familiar i think who ever owns it is a member and the jacket was discused before i think Johnny & Glenn hit the nail on the head
            Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
            teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by cdnman View Post
              when you say post war applied, do you mean repro? or do you mean placed on the tunic after the war to ad value?
              It probably had all the insignia removed and then it was replaced to restore the tunic back to what it looked like during the War. The boards are early WH and appear real, the eagle to me does not look original or is a variation I do not know. The other insignia cannot be commented on without more photos of details.
              Attached Files

Comment

other images-
                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X