MilitariaRelicts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Luftwaffe Generalleutnant Keiper and his medals ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luftwaffe Generalleutnant Keiper and his medals ...

Gentlemen,

I know you uniform collectors will appreciate this ...

As you might remember, some weeks ago, I had posted some closeup photos of Luftwaffe Generalleutnant Ludwig Keiper's uniform which I have in my collection. This particular uniform is a beautiful piece, tailored in Paris as only the French could. Unfortunately, in the Luftwaffe Generals volumes, the photo shows Keiper wearing the Kleiner Rock and not all the medals.

I had one of those wonderful, collector moments last night. Two or three times a year, I get a huge package of magazines from a Czech friend of mine in Prague. We are both involved in aerobatic competitions together. He is President of the Czech Aero Club. The Czechs publish a fantastic magazine called L+K (Letectvi + Kosmonautika) which covers current events but is also very heavy into aviation history. I wish we had an equivalent here. The photos are terrific --- most never seen before over here --- and the World War II coverage is great as the Czechs have never forgotten it.

When going through one of the issues, I ran across the attached photo. I could not believe my eyes. Here is Generalleutnant Ludwig Keiper with two Slovak officers, taken in Bratislava in 1944 when he was Chief of the Luftwaffe Mission in Slovakia.

I don't believe I have seen a photo of a Luftwaffe officer with more metal on his uniform that this man. Anyway, it was incredibly exciting to find this photo. I hope to run down a bigger copy of it through my friend in Prague.

Now, folks ... how about some help on identifying all of these medals and badges? It makes for a good Sunday morning quiz. I will put this over on one of the other forums as well.

Any help appreciated!

Mike Heuer
    Attached Files

Collecting mint condition Imperial German uniforms, visor caps, and Pickelhauben.

Some cool medals and badges there. I recognize the WW1 EK1 with 1939 Spange, pilot observer badge, WW1 flight badge (can't tell if it's Bavarian or Prussian; looks like an observer badge though), Romanian pilot badge and Turkish Half-Moon.
    WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
    X