Chaplain's Collar Tabs - Opinions, Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chaplain's Collar Tabs - Opinions, Please

Picked these up at the MAX on Friday. Looks to be Russia braid in a shade of purple - definitely not Nebel, Panzer, or Veterinary. I am thinking Heer Chaplain. Any thoughts appreciated!

Don
    Attached Files

Another view:
    Attached Files

Comment

I would think a cross between Nebel and Panzer, but it could be the lighting/flash effect.

Comment

How big is the hole where the soutache enters the tab to the left on the bottom tab. One scary thing about these is infanrty tabs etc. are opened and the colored braid replaced and the tab resealed.

Comment

How big is the hole where the soutache enters the tab to the left on the bottom tab. One scary thing about these is infantry tabs etc. are opened and the colored braid replaced and the tab resealed. This type of soutache is manufactured today.
          Attached Files

Comment

Johnny, I looked it over real good with a loup and it looks like it's original contruction. I'll try some shots in direct sunlight tomorrow.

Don

Comment

I see some red thread in this pic. Circled it. I swear this pair of tabs has been on this forum before.
              Attached Files

Comment

looks like postwar modifcation to me

Comment

The color doesn't look chaplain, the real color is very violet

Comment

You guys just don't get it. I bought this at the MAX SHOW from a well-known dealer. They are very clear that they do not sell fakes or humped-up items - it said so right on the door!

In all seriousness, I'll take some more pics in sunlight today and we shall see what we shall see.

Don
                    Last edited by DonC; 10-03-2010, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DonC View Post
                      You guys just don't get it. I bought this at the MAX SHOW from a well-known dealer. They are very clear that they do not sell fakes or humped-up items - it said so right on the door!

I all seriousness, I'll take some more pics in sunlight today and we shall see what we shall see.

Don
                      Are there any theatre tickets jammed on the rear folds? That is always a foul-proof way to know if an item is real. Here is a mismatched pair for a Catholic Padre to compare.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Okie dokie - here's some in natural sunlight:
                        Attached Files

Comment

The red that Shiner circled was some sort of fuzz - there was some on the back as well. It came out with a tweezer. It has been speculated that this could be faded Nebel - any thoughts on that?

Don
                          Attached Files

Comment

Here are the faded Nebel tabs I mentioned.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X