Is this Kriegspharrer frockcoat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this Kriegspharrer frockcoat?

This is on Ebay US and is listed as a German Chaplain. I see no evidence of the KP unless this is a frock varient. Any ideas?

Here is the link in case the image does not show up.

http://cgi.ebay.com/WW2-Handsome-sol...item35accceca4
    Last edited by Alan Huffines; 10-01-2010, 06:07 PM. Reason: Link added

Looks like a transitional Austrian tunic from the time of the Anschluss to me.

Comment

Originally posted by SCHUPO View Post
      Looks like a transitional Austrian tunic from the time of the Anschluss to me.
      Thank you. Interesting. Is there anything there that you can say makes this KP related in any way?

Comment

Nothing KP ( Kriegspharrer ) here! The stand up collar perhaps made the seller think its Clergy-chaplain related? Wrong!
        As explained just an Austrian tuic with Heer eagle added as it was done shortly after the AnschluB!

Comment

Originally posted by NickG View Post
          Nothing KP ( Kriegspharrer ) here! The stand up collar perhaps made the seller think its Clergy-chaplain related? Wrong!
          As explained just an Austrian tuic with Heer eagle added as it was done shortly after the AnschluB!
          Thank you. I had a tiny hope it might be a KP frock variant, but you are both correct. I have emailed the seller explaining as such and he said that it was 'up to the buyer to make the right choice.' He also stated the collar was what made it a chaplain. Jeez-louise.
          Last edited by Alan Huffines; 10-01-2010, 09:34 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Huffines View Post
            He also stated the collar was what made it a chaplain. Jeez-louise.
            Chaplains held the equivalent of officers status but did not wear rank (shoulderstraps!)
            Picture shows enlisted Austrian shoulderstraps!

Heer Austrian officers, again stand up collars with rank insignia applied
            (so they're not wearing shoulderboards...basically like chaplains in the wehrmacht)
            but don't confuse the two!
            Attached Files
            Last edited by NickG; 10-02-2010, 12:40 AM.

Comment

You can see the color differences where the Austrian rank insignia was removed from the collar. It is a normal issue tunic.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
                You can see the color differences where the Austrian rank insignia was removed from the collar. It is a normal issue tunic.
                Image added as the listing will disappear from Ebay sooner or later
                Attached Files

Comment

i agree, nothing there showing priest ...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X