Need Help Identifying these trousers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help Identifying these trousers

I believe these are pre-war trousers in grey wool for mountain troops. My difficulty is with the newness of this set, no aging to the side 'fittings' and lack of familiarity with pre-war / early GJ trousers.

Passes all the burn tests for thread etc. and white lining does not floresce under black light. Lining material is twill, but with a slightly purple hue to it.

Are they original or not? Any and all opinions would be appreciated as I was hoping to put them up for sale to focus strictly on late war militaria.

Here is a front and back view. They have flaps over the pockets and a 'baggy' appearance similar to M43 kielhosen.
    Attached Files

Some details

Underside of the pocket flap and fly details. Button holes are typical key hold style.
    Attached Files

Comment

Front and back details. Sorry for the lousy photo of the fly. Will try for some better ones this evening. Note the rear pocket with flap.
      Attached Files

Comment

Maker Marks and Leg ties

Some additional shots. HBT ties are present for leg enclosures.

Is it possible these trousers would have ever been produced in grey wool?

Anyway, all opinions are welcome... and be brutal if you need too.
        Attached Files

Comment

I dont like them - same goes for the other pair, as I told you already via Pm, without reaction...

Comment

Thanks Gran Sasso. I respect your experience and feedback. I absolutely don't want my reputation stained by selling questioned items and have taken the appropriate steps... and I apologize for not responding to your PM. You have provided me with some great additions to my collection and do not want to taint our relationship in any way.

Sincerely,

John

Comment

Far from an expert on these, but they are not "doing it for me". Wool is different than I would expect and lining as well. Do the knees have reinforcement lining material on the inside? That is one feature on original Gebirgshosen.
              HC

Comment

Thx for the feedback

I have taken the opinion of more experienced collectors and have accepted they are repro's. Off to the reenactment community they go.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X