Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cavalry or panzer recon?????

Hello!
    I wonder if you can help me with this question?

If an army tunic has shoulder boards with yellow pipes, dose it always means that it is a cavalry tunic? I have heard that yellow pipes (army) can also mean panzer recon!
    Is that right ???<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o></o>
    <o></o>

Kind regards<o></o>

Roger<o></o>

Hi Roger,
    Typically signals is yellow and recon is golden yellow(it has a definate golden hue to it).

regards keifer

Comment

Originally posted by keifer kahn
      Hi Roger,
      Typically signals is yellow and recon is golden yellow(it has a definate golden hue to it).

regards keifer
      Hi Keifer!

I wonder if you can tell me if this pipes are yellow or golden yellow?
      http://www.gunboards.com/forums/uplo..._Axelklaff.jpg

Kind regards
      Roger

Comment

Signal Tunic is LEMON yellow.... it's a pale yellow.

Calvary and PAnzer recon share the same golden color.

ken

Originally posted by Rogge
        Hi Keifer!

I wonder if you can tell me if this pipes are yellow or golden yellow?
        http://www.gunboards.com/forums/uplo..._Axelklaff.jpg

Kind regards
        Roger
        Attached Files

Comment

Last edited by kchuah; 03-19-2004, 02:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kchuah
            Signal Tunic is LEMON yellow.... it's a pale yellow.

Calvary and PAnzer recon share the same golden color.

ken
            Hi Ken!

Thank you for that information!
            I know that my picture is not the best one, but do you mean that the shoulder
            board at my picture is for the cavalry/panzer recon??

Kind regards
            Roger

Comment

Roger:
              In most instances, it is hard to tell what kind of unit the "cavalry" gold-yellow might have belonged to (that is, without some internal unit markings to the uniform or shoulder strap devices on the straps/boards) when mounted to a uniform.

The signals - or lemon yellow - color would in all cases represent a communications unit.

However, while I can not recite off the top of my head verbatim, I believe the gold-yellow most associated with the cavalry...could have belonged to cavalry ( was not much of that left in the Wehrmacht), the Aufklarungs (reconnaissance troops), a very limited number of Panzer units that maintained a traditional link with former German/Prussian cavalry (such as teh 24th Panzer Div and selected regiments of other divisions), perhaps some motorcycle units, and some Schutzen units (that eventually reorganized as Panzergrenadier units). So...from what you picture - doubtfull anyone could say for sure...but it does not appear to be signal yellow on that HBT tunic.
              CSP

sigpic

Comment

Thanks Scott!

Kind regards
                Roger

Comment

So a tunic wearing that waffenfarbe could sport either a GAB, PAB in bronze, or a IAB in bronze?

That is something I am trying to figure out as well. I am trying to accurately decorate a calvery officer tunic I bought off of the Estand a few months ago.

Thanks
                  Paul

Comment

Paul..I would surmise that any of those decorations could and were wornn by soldiers with the gold-yellow piping. I would add as well the PAB in silver being possible. If you are looking for the absolute..I am not sure with this waffenfarbe there is one, as the units wearaing this color reorganized so frequently during the war.
                    CSP

sigpic

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X