grossdeutschland waffenrock on site erel militaria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

grossdeutschland waffenrock on site erel militaria

i have see a grossdeutschland waffenrock on site erel militariahttp://www.erelmilitaria.com and i thinks it is good

Hello,
    It may be restored.....the eagle looks replaced and I am not liking what little I can see with the collar tabs. The straps, cufftitle and cuff litzen look fine.
    Thank you,
    Curtiss

Comment

That's part of the problem...no good closeups of the tabs, they let you see the collar backside, but none of the front. Many more photos required in my opinion.

Richard

Comment

Originally posted by Richard P View Post
        That's part of the problem...no good closeups of the tabs, they let you see the collar backside, but none of the front. Many more photos required in my opinion.

Richard
        I agree, To me it is amazing how one or two of these fantastically rare prototype uniforms seem to magically appear each year. They are not the same uniforms.

Comment

Look at Winkler site.
          There is another one.
          It's there for a long time.

https://www.history-shop.de/katalog/...nes_51706.html

Price on request...

Comment

seems cuffband's doesnt match with tunic condition.
            eagle re-sewn. typical of re-works
            etc...

Comment

The eagle is sewn through the liner, and does not appear to be the type that I have seen on period photos. If you have orignal badgecloth and litzen materials, it's not that hard to make thse up from original uniforms.

Don

Comment

Erelmilitaria.com

Originally posted by abigor View Post
                i have see a grossdeutschland waffenrock on site erel militariahttp://www.erelmilitaria.com and i thinks it is good
                Guys,

haven't heard of this site before. He mentions "WAF" on some of his listings. Is he a member here? Good dealer?

Thanks
                Mark

Comment

And now for sale on Estand-

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=465876

Comment

Hy Guys,
                    I'm the current owner of this Waffenrock and,
                    PLEASE, look closely at my description,
                    as well on my shop as on the E-shop of this forum :

- The collar tabs, called "litzen" in my description,
                    are indeed replacements, as clearly mentioned in both text !

- The breast eagle, although originally belonging to this tunic,
                    has been resewn to it, because it was in the pocket of the rock.
                    This is also clearly mentioned !

I'm ready to send any picture you would be interested in but please,
                    be careful before accusing someone of selling fake GD Waffenrocks.

Indeed the piece has been restored !
                    It's also priced accordingly.

It has been in my collection for years.
                    Thank you.

Chris

Comment

The description on the items presented on my shop
                      is of course in French but,
                      a translator has been included.
                      Just press the correct flag, it's not perfect but,
                      it gives some basic descriptions.

Comment

Can you post a close up showing the infantry piping on the normal French cuff comparing it to the piping on the Imperial Garde style cuffs. Thanks,

Comment

OK, I won't outright call it a fake, but can someone explain to me why a tunic that is configured as a hyper-rare GD Waffenrock EM shows evidence of NCO tresse having been removed from the collar?? It is clear in the pic of the backside of the collar that there was once NCO tresse there and from the jumble of lines left from the removed stitches of the original standard WR tabs that they were moved from their original spot to accomodate the addition of the NCO tresse and then removed again when the collar was stripped of its insignia.

This is purely my opinion and in no way is meant to hurt the sale, but I believe this tunic is a standard Berlin depot issued piece that was stripped either during or after the war, and then configured as a GD rock within the last 10 - 20 years. I remeber seeing a set of insignia for a GD rock for sale in the not too distant past. I'm not saying this is that set, I'm just saying that type of insignia can be found with some hard looking. I have a hard time believing the marquee unit of the German Army would use a recycled uniform to badge up for a showcase prototype piece.

I didn't go on the site and read the description so if Chris did say ALL the insignia was recently applied then I apologize. This doesn't constitute restoration though. Restoration is the replacement of items to bring it back to its original configuration. I don't see a unit "Gepruft" stamp (not that all tunics had them, but on a GD piece of this nature I would expect to see it) indicating it was ever for GD. Additionally, if the GD style Litzen was once there, then removed I would expect to see evidence of that - even with the set reapplied (unless somebody matched the new set up stitch for stitch on the collar) It probably means nothing to anyone here, but I'm not a believer that's all.

And one last thing, 8500 Euro is not "priced accordingly" for a tunic with reapplied insignia and no provenance (again, JMO)

Bob

Originally posted by chrisutter View Post
                          Hy Guys,
                          I'm the current owner of this Waffenrock and,
                          PLEASE, look closely at my description,
                          as well on my shop as on the E-shop of this forum :

- The collar tabs, called "litzen" in my description,
                          are indeed replacements, as clearly mentioned in both text !

- The breast eagle, although originally belonging to this tunic,
                          has been resewn to it, because it was in the pocket of the rock.
                          This is also clearly mentioned !

I'm ready to send any picture you would be interested in but please,
                          be careful before accusing someone of selling fake GD Waffenrocks.

Indeed the piece has been restored !
                          It's also priced accordingly.

It has been in my collection for years.
                          Thank you.

Chris
                          Last edited by Waffenreich; 10-07-2010, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Bob some good points the waffenrock being an issue example would not have a Gepruft stamp but an issue waffenrock can have a stamped unit designation which this one obviously does not.

Originally posted by Waffenreich View Post
                            OK, I won't outright call it a fake, but can someone explain to me why a tunic that is configured as a hyper-rare GD Waffenrock EM shows evidence of NCO tresse having been removed from the collar?? It is clear in the pic of the backside of the collar that there was once NCO tresse there and from the jumble of lines left from the removed stitches of the original standard WR tabs that they were moved from their original spot to accomodate the addition of the NCO tresse and then removed again when the collar was stripped of its insignia.

This is purely my opinion and in no way is meant to hurt the sale, but I believe this tunic is a standard Berlin depot issued piece that was stripped either during or after the war, and then configured as a GD rock within the last 10 - 20 years. I remeber seeing a set of insignia for a GD rock for sale in the not too distant past. I'm not saying this is that set, I'm just saying that type of insignia can be found with some hard looking. I have a hard time believing the marquee unit of the German Army would use a recycled uniform to badge up for a showcase prototype piece.

I didn't go on the site and read the description so if Chris did say ALL the insignia was recently applied then I apologize. This doesn't constitute restoration though. Restoration is the replacement of items to bring it back to its original configuration. I don't see a unit "Gepruft" stamp (not that all tunics had them, but on a GD piece of this nature I would expect to see it) indicating it was ever for GD. Additionally, if the GD style Litzen was once there, then removed I would expect to see evidence of that - even with the set reapplied (unless somebody matched the new set up stitch for stitch on the collar) It probably means nothing to anyone here, but I'm not a believer that's all.

And one last thing, 8500 Euro is not "priced accordingly" for a tunic with reapplied insignia and no provenance (again, JMO)

Bob

Comment

I agree on the standard practice of issue pieces not being "Gepruft" stamped, but for unique modified/converted pieces (even issue ones) I would think the unit would stamp it as being in compliance with regs and approved for wear.

Originally posted by WW2-Collector View Post
                              Bob some good points the waffenrock being an issue example would not have a Gepruft stamp but an issue waffenrock can have a stamped unit designation which this one obviously does not.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X