Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hitler Jugend Cuff Title

Hi,

Was there a "HITLER JUGEND" Cuff Title (not the SS PAnzer one) for wear on Heer uniform? If so, what unit would it have been for ... or would it have been merely some relationship to the HJ proper?

Thanks

Rick

Hi Rick, there was no "HJ" cuff title authorised for wear by the Heer.

The two HJ titles I am aware of are the "Bevo-like" SS title and the HJ leadership sutterlein script one (which many years ago people thought was SS)

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

don't know if this is a help but in Angolias Cloth Insig.of the SS on pg.342 shows a period photo of a Hitlerjugend cufftitle for HJ youth attached to KM. 3.3cm wide , blue with gold thread inscription and borders. , G.

Comment

Also a rare type worn by the Reichsjungendfuehrung.
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks guys.. Here is what brought the question to mind. Maybe I am misreading it, but it looks like this soldier is wearing a Cuff Title with "Hitler Jugend" on it. Might I be mistaking it for something else?

The photo is dated February, 1945.

Thanks,
          Rick
          Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Rick,

Your guy is wearing the Naval Field Grey uniform, he isn't Army. The cuffband he is wearing is the navy version of the HJ cuffband introduced 14 October 1944, and as it was only awarded to one unit, identifies him as being from Sturmbootflotille 1.

The Sütterlin version seems to have seen some wear within the HJ Division. This photo shows Arnold Jurgensen being awarded the RK in the field. Note the cuffband. Not the standard Latin script version and not an LAH Sütterlin cuffband (the one being worn shows one single word not two).
              Last edited by Gordon Williamson; 08-30-2008, 11:56 PM.

Comment

HJ cuffband

Hi all wasn't there a SS Panzer Grenadier named Otto Funk of SS-Pz Gren Rgt 26? If I remember correctly I have a photo copy of his citation for the HJ cuffband and that this cuffband have been awarded as a honour title after the soldier has been battle proven and "diserved" it to wear.

I have been told that there have been such cuffband awarded to soldier of the 12th SS Panzer "HJ" after their bloody Normandy experience.

Jürg
                Strength and Honour
                http://standwheretheyfought.jimdo.com/

Comment

Thanks Gordon!! Mystery solved!

Rick

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X