No announcement yet.

Modified M42 jacket in period photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We can only guess why he modified it, could be because of the looks.. or maybe that the tunic got damaged on the lower part.. who knows.
    Nice photo
    I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
    Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
    My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

Thanks Glenn for pictures of late EM breeches

But, has anyone seen before this kind of modification? Is it possible that normal looking M44 is in fact modified M43 or M42.

I got this photo in a lot and first I was pleased to get good photo of M44, but it turned to be something else.

So, gentlemen look your M44 photos more closely, if we find another modified jacket

Thanks for responses

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn McInnes View Post
        Yes indeed...An example for those viewing.

And before anyone asks...No,that is not my big toe in the photo.

Glenn
        LOL..... kinda looks like my knarley toe!

Comment

Do you have other pictures? I have seen issue M-44s with pointed pocket tips even "M45s" . Too bad there are not more pictures showing the waist buttons and band.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Admiraal View Post
            We can only guess why he modified it, could be because of the looks.. or maybe that the tunic got damaged on the lower part.. who knows.
            Nice photo
            True, of course we're only speculating...which can be an enjoyable pastime. But given the very late date of the photo and the generally well turned out appearance of the subject, some scenarios are more likely than others.

Paul

Comment

This is an M45 that is in the Beaver book. I sold it but have an older image showing the tipped pockets.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
                Do you have other pictures? I have seen issue M-44s with pointed pocket tips even "M45s" . Too bad there are not more pictures showing the waist buttons and band.
                Hi John,

Unfortunately I dont have more images from this soldier. True, belt is concealing waist and button. Collar is wider in M44 jacket and therefore it is most likely an modification of M42 jacket. It is also possible, that it is an missing link between M44 and M45. Photo you send about M45 does have an smaller collar and pointed pocket flaps, but 5 buttons at front and concealed pocket buttons. But this just pure speculation and highly unlikely, there is missing link between those aforementioned types.

Thanks showing M45 jacket, it is an great piece

Rami

Comment

Originally posted by Rami Soininen View Post
                  Hi John,

Unfortunately I dont have more images from this soldier. True, belt is concealing waist and button. Collar is wider in M44 jacket and therefore it is most likely an modification of M42 jacket. It is also possible, that it is an missing link between M44 and M45. Photo you send about M45 does have an smaller collar and pointed pocket flaps, but 5 buttons at front and concealed pocket buttons. But this just pure speculation and highly unlikely, there is missing link between those aforementioned types.

Thanks showing M45 jacket, it is an great piece

Rami
                  I have several other ones that are buried but I will look at them. There is the standard M44 and then there are many odd details and varities which are usually lumped under "M45". Usually the button spacing is a good clue if something is an M44 or an earlier tunic.

Comment

Thanks John. Please, find more pictures they will be interesting.

Comment

Thanks John. Please, find more pictures they will be interesting.
                      I do not know where they are. It will take awhile, I have another M45 I think has pointed pockets. The other M44s are like M43s.

Comment

Here are three good examples of the different collar sizes and cuts, two "M44s and one very late "M45".
                        Attached Files

Comment

Good, very good image from three slightly different jackets. I like the gabardine jacket most, but that last ditch "M45" is interesting as well.

Thanks again

Comment

Good, very good image from three slightly different jackets. I like the gabardine jacket most, but that last ditch "M45" is interesting as well.

Thanks again
                            You are welcome, not the smooth buttons on the M45, they are either caaptured or 19th Century German etc. The cloth is horrible quality you could literally poke a finger through it with minimal effort. I love it.

Comment

Johnny R - Hello! Can you make more photos M45? I donĀ“t see buttonholes on pockets.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X