?? Reichsbahn Lokomotivführer Patch ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

?? Reichsbahn Lokomotivführer Patch ??

Is this even Reichsbahn, or is it Bundesbahn or ? "Volksbahn"? Patch is quite large, almost as big as a navy Petty Officer rating, dark mustard yellow embroidered on black wool. Apparently the round shape has been pulled out of shape by wear, since this was removed from a tunic.

All I've ever seen engineers and firemen wearing were grubby civilian clothes, never a uniform...

Out of the TEN Reichsbahn specialty patches, I could find EIGHT illustrated, but this wasn't one of them!

IF Reichsbahn, is it an Engine Driver's, or for some sort of engine repair shop technician? I have a WW1-2 group of military papers and award documents to a locomotive driver, and will keep this if that's what this is, for display.

!
    Attached Files

Hi Rick.

I have illustrations to 10 different speciality badges.
    None of them are identical to this one.

Regards
    Peter

Comment

Rick, if you have Brian Davis' Badges & Insignia of the Third Reich take a look at Plate 56. Davis only shows examples, not every item, but there are badges with similarities to yours - one with a railroad car for a wagon supervisor. Not proof, but some evidence that yours might be from the WWII era.

Comment

HI all,
        threr is a similar one shown in Angolia `s insignia of the third reich but it is a straight side on view of an engine not the 3/4 type view as displayed on ricks badge.

Ashley

Comment

I'm wondering if it is West-- or even East-- German and not Reichsbahn at all. Certainly seems German rather than another country's.

Comment

Rick,

Yours is not a 3rd Reich era,sounds to large and the locomotive should have a exact side view....not at an angle like the one you have posted.My files only go through to 1970 and I have nothing from the DDR.I did find the rate for the 1948 - 1970 pattern and yours is similar but not the same.My scanner is down and I will try to post the differences ASAP.Yes I believe it is a Locomotivheizer/Lokomotivfuhrer.

Regards
            Brad

Comment

Thanks! Rats! Oh well, it is always best to know, and now I do! Much appreciated!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X