Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just in, HBT combat tunic

Hello,
    I just got this in the mail about an hour ago, it is a very nice HBT combat tunic.
    It has a little hole in the right bottom pocket with a bigger patched hole on the inside(no pictures unless you want to see),, a few stains but really decent tunic.
    Let me know what you think, thanks...
    Van
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Unusal cut on the top pockets alluded to the KM but without the pleats.

Comment

I am looking to add some shoulder boards for display, what would be some correct styles for this tunic, I dont think I can afford an HBT set right now, so would some light green or dark green wool sets be acceptable.. I am thinking either panzer or infantry.
            Also, there looks to have been some kind of insignia on the left shoulder at one time, may a KRIM shield, Ill try and get a good picture later today and see what you think...
            Thanks for any help,,
            Van

Comment

Hbt 1943
              Attached Files

Comment

I agree with Naxos, these are also refered to as the "third model HBT".

Comment

So this would be a late war HBT tunic??
                  Van

Comment

Originally posted by Van View Post
                    So this would be a late war HBT tunic??
                    Van
                    This is the same tunic as yours - the picture was taken in August/September 1944
                    Attached Files

Comment

Great, thanks for the information.. thanks Naxos for posting the picture of one...
                      Van

Comment

Hello
                        Nice and original HBT tunic for sure . In theory, these tunics, with the type of pocket and blueish lining, were intended for the LW ( the famous LW green HBT if you do a search on the forum, you will see what I meant) . Does not mean in any case that, the WH did not use them but considering that I owned , the same Mod of tunic, same pocket and color lining but for a LW flak EM, the one I have seen in this configuration were almost always LW .
                        If you have a picture showing the reverse were the eagle is sewn , that would be great , just to make sure that this one is indeed WH .
                        Regards
                        P-Y

Comment

Here is a picture of the back were the eagle is sewn, I do not see any other signs of a different eagle being applied... Thanks.
                          Van
                          Attached Files

Comment

Naxos,

That black and white photo isnt an m43, it has pleated pockets and scalloped flaps.

Comment

Originally posted by naxos View Post
                              Hbt 1943
                              Agree keifer kahn . The photo you have shown is NOT hbt M43 tunic ( third pattern ) but FIRST pattern HBT tunic which I call M41 !

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X