Dak bullion trap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dak bullion trap

The alu has oxidixed and overall it's sort of beat up. But the background material and lack of detail makes me suspicious.

Theatre-made - or just fake? Thanks
    Attached Files

Hi,
    Its either Italian made or a copy, but I cant say which. It reminds me of some Italian cloth made for the Germans, but I have never seen a trop Heer -it could be km admin- trap before. Sorry if this is a bit vague.

Jerry

Comment

Can't say for certain, but looks like an authentic WWII Italian produced piece.
      Esse Quam Videri

Comment

thanks fellas! I was a little wary when I didn't see any bullion bullion traps in robert kurtz's DAK book. what's a fair value range on one?

Comment

I must say I like it a lot. Would agree on it being Italian made for sure. Matt

Comment

thanks matt; I figured it might be your 'cuppa' tea'!

Comment

I have a pz. gren tropical shoulder strap that is hand made and has almost the same type of tan material on it. The back of my board has the gray Italian wool backing. Matt

Comment

Noted! Thanks again man...

Comment

Bringing this old thread back to the top as just got this one in which has been removed from a cap- are the thoughts still the same as to manufacture?

Has anyone seen one on a cap at all?

many thanks

Patrick
                  Attached Files

Comment

TWINS..Billbert

Comment

Hello,

My honest opinion is that they are junk. WWII Limited sold this crap all day long. It doesn't look any Theater made Italian piece that I have ever seen.

Fred

Comment

Agree with Fred, used to see lots of these fakes from the 80's

Comment

ugh

This piece reminds me of the "DAK" upside down trap sold by WW 2 Ltd. which featured a palm tree with swaz in the middle of it. Perhaps Fred has an example of it for comparison of the reverse construction materials.

Comment

Hello,

That is what struck me immediately about this piece! The base material and the roundel.

Fred

I have a version of the palm tree trap but it is a newer one with newer materials if my memory serves me right. I will see if I can dig it out.

Comment

many thanks all, will add it to the repro pile

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X