Kreta cufftitle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kreta cufftitle

I could buy this cufftitle but i´m really not sure about the originalty.
    Could you please help me?
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

I have some problems with the material of the band.
      The stiching of the letters seems a little bit odd on the frontside, but i like the backside. Maybe it is from using the CT. But the white band seems to be unused.

I´m confused

Comment

Hello,

I didn't reply yesterday as I wanted to see what others thought of this one first. As no one has ventured any opinions yet, I'll suggest a few things.

- First, understand these CT's are heavily copied and some copies are better than others.

- Second, the KRETA CT is actually an award and not really uniform "insignia", so you might consider posting this in the Shields & CuffTitles Forum for better looks and opinions on it. More will see it there.

- The "pattern" of the white backing appears a bit heavier than most linen versions however, I have seen some examples that supposedly were genuine with this heavy material. That is my main (?) on this one as well.

- The stitching pattern is the type normally seen on examples with the RBN# and not the earlier style that was supposedly issued. The pattern looks correct from what I can see. The lettering does appear rough around the edges, but that could be due to the PIC's being enlarged or from the CT being used. Read on...

- The CT has the look of a piece that might have been washed as the threads are loose and worn looking. That brings up the point of whether this was actually worn at one point in time, or at least attached to a uniform. IF so, then I would be curious to see what other's opinions are on this, as supposedly these were later manufactured items and most were not issued or worn to my knowledge. I could be wrong here.

Tim

Comment

Is this the same style?
          http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ighlight=Kreta
          The most of the opinions are negative.

Comment

Yep.

Comment

Tim, so you don´t like it too? I missunderstood your first posting, sorry my english is not so good.

Comment

Hi,

No, I don't like this one but I am trying not to tell members outright anymore one way or the other. Too many differing opinions sometimes and its always in the best interest to get several opinions and not just one. I am hoping more members will actively search past threads and make the determinations for themselves as there is a wealth of information on these forums.

This style has been discussed before and there are a couple of threads that show good comparison photos of this compared to the originals. You can see where they tried to get the details correct on the lettering and ancanthus flowers, but as we see on most copies, they don't get everything correct. Again, the base cloth is the main concern here.

Try searching in this forum, the General Awards section, the Paratrooper section, and of course now, the Shields & Cufftitles section. I think you'll find what you're looking for. I tried to find a couple of direct threads to save you some time, but didn't find the ones I wanted to show you here.

Good luck!
                Tim
                Last edited by Tim B.; 09-14-2010, 09:57 PM.

Comment

I have only found thisone:
                  http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ighlight=kreta

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                  X