WW2Treasures

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Panzer Gebirgsjaeger Administrative Official's Shoulder Board - Need To Find Match

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panzer Gebirgsjaeger Administrative Official's Shoulder Board - Need To Find Match

For your amusement and enjoyment. Found this in one of my boxes as I was packing up to move. Came direct to me out of woodwork this way.
    Attached Files
    Alitur vitium vivitque tegendo

Attached Files

Comment

that is pretty cool Jeff.
      HC

Comment

I like it too, but for the reason I always wanted to know if that skull was an original variation. I guess this answers the question. From a veteran?

Comment

That is a comon thing to see vets do. Not sure where you got it but these are sort of the WWII version of Hate belts. I had an overseas one time that was covered with shoulder board devices.

Comment

That is a pretty sweet board! I love the pz skull, I have a friend of his on my desk right now. Matt

Comment

Thanks for the comments. Yes, exactly reminds me the hate belts or seeing skulls pushed through a holster and such things. I figured my Topic Title would get a few more views though

Jerry - Don't know much about skull variations. I know this one has four distinct vertical cracks running up the skull without the two distinct horizontal cracks. Is that the variation? I did not get from the Vet, but it came from his family. The three devices appear to have been in there quite some time.

Comment

Jerry - Here is a close up of the skull. In the second photo, the right two prongs are from the skull. Hope this helps.
                Attached Files

Comment

Great, thanks for the close ups. Yes the heart shaped nosed skulls give me difficulties sometimes. But this one does look promising to me from the front.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X